37(12)

The ride over to the qualifiers was basically me trying to help Hinata while he puked and Kageyama pushing him away.

All the boys seemed extra nervous today, Daichi didn't know where his keys were for 5 minutes before we left today, but they were in his hand the whole time.

"Padema, could you fetch extra napkins from the bathroom in case one of them spill their guts?" Kiyoko asked me, after she and Yachi return from the sign in place.

I nod and make my way to the bathroom.

Wow, there's so many tall guys here. It's hard to know which team will make it all the way.

I spot a team that really catches my eye though.

One of our biggest threats, Aobo Johsai.

"Hey sweetheart. Here to watch your team lose?" The one and only, Toru Oikawa approaches me.

From the corner of my eye, I can see some girls with steaming heads because he chose to talk with me.

Our training ended once summer started. He wanted to stay focus on winning, more than anything.

"Oikawa." I say with some relief in my voice. "You do know my team will win today, right?"

He gave me a stupid look, making me sound like I'm wrong.

But, it's true.

He doesn't know how hard we've been training and how well we've improved.

Even if he is just here to look over the teams today, since his team is in the top 8 already, doesn't mean he won't look at Karasuno any different.

"You know what's just crazy to me. You're so lucky to talk to me, so many other girls would just kill for your spot and you are always so rude with me." He says while posing in his stupid, cocky stand.

I roll my eyes at how arrogant he always sounds.

"Then why do you even talk to me?" I ask him.

He crosses his arm and gives me his side glance looking down at me.

"You're right. I should just talk to other girls." I can tell, he's trying to get me to want to talk to him, or something like that.

"I wish you the best." I tell him, even though he's just watching today. But, it seemed to have surprised him.

I walked away and finally got to the bathroom and got the napkins.

When I got back I over heard some guys talking about Karasuno.

I look at our team, and half of them look like they're on the verge of puking.

"I don't know, I'm not sure. Did these guys really force Seijoh into a corner?" One of the ask. I walk past them and answer.

"Just wait until you see them on the court."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yachi and I head to the audience section, since we aren't allowed on the bench with coach, Takeda or Kiyoko.

I can tell Yachi wasn't too happy about it, but at least she isn't alone up here.

"Well, well. Look who's here." A random guy by us announces. Yachi and I look to our left and see Ukai walking up to us. "Good to see you, Coach. I suppose you're here to see your grandson."

"No, that's not the only reason!" Ukai tells him. He brought two other kids, which I think are from his little kids team.

"Uh wait, grandson?" Yachi asks herself after Ukai walks past us.

I just realized, she has never met or heard of the former coach or Karasuno.

"That's Coach's grandfather, Coach Ukai. He used to be the coach for Karasuno, up until last year. He's kinda a living legend for the boys volleyball team." I tell her.

"What's up shorty." Ukai greets me as Yachi talks to the other two kids.

We all give our attention to the game as it finally starts.

Asahi was first to serve.

Must be nerve racking, since he's still not 100 percent confident with his jump serve. But, this time around, he hands them a good one.

The other team wasn't even ready for that, starting us off with a service ace.

All right, Karasuno.

Just like that, in a blink of an eye, Karasuno takes the first match.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We checked out the game that decided who we're playing next. Seemed to just shake everyone up.

I handed Kageyama the last banana and looked at the game myself.

Holy crap, I see it now.

That guy is nearly 7 feet tall. Not a surprise his team won, which seem to freak everyone out even more.

Especially, Yachi and Hinata.

"You ready to face, that?" I ask Kageyama. He continued to chew and stare at the team as they walked by.

"Without a doubt." He sounded so determined.

It was- no Padema. You don't have time to think about that right now. Save the feelings for later.

Today is about winning.

"Here, take the rest."He hands me the rest of the banana and walks over to the entrance of the gym where some of the guys are getting ready to warm up.

I walk over to Tsuki and them and overhear a weird discussion, while picking pieces of the banana off and eating it.

"Sixteen inches, well that's like the same size as Hello Katey! So that's not all that much!" Yachi tried fantasizing over the difference between the tall dude they're about to face and Hinata.

"Are you trying to make him feel better?" Tsuki asks her.

"Tekachu is 16 inches tall too, I think." Tadashi puts his input on the discussion here too.

Does that make me 17 inches smaller than him?

Well, when you put it like that I guess it don't feel all too good either blehh.

"And the black belly lantern." Tsuki adds.

How do they all know people and things that are 16 inches right off the bat?

"A black belly lantern?" Yachi seemed confused. Has she never heard of that type of shark?

"What's that?" Tadashi asks too.

They both, don't know what it is? What type of one celled idiots are they?

Wait, that was a little harsh Padema.

"It's a kind of shark." Tsuki tells them.

"Tsuki you sure are smart." Tadashi compliments him.

Oh, okay then.

They go get ready to warm up. I peak at the other team they're facing.

Wow he really is tall.

I can't even imagine myself going up against that. Especially without the right type of training.

We never work on hitting anymore in practice, just receiving. but, I never ask captain or anything,

I don't want the girls to dislike me more then they already seem to do.

I take a deep breath and pray they win this match.

Please win this match, Daichi.