33(8)

"So, Padema. You and your setter together yet? Or do I have a chance?" Kuroo caught me off guard with that question after we handed Bokuto a double block.

"Wait a sec? You think you actually have a chance with her?" Bokuto asks.

That seemed to strike a nerve in Kuroo.

"What, you think I don't?!" Kuroo went under the net to face him.

I slowly went under the net and stood next to Akaashi, who also had no interest in the conversation.

"You're a third year! She's a first!" Bokuto reminds him. That is true. "Plus, you look like that. I have a much better chance than you."

"You're a third year too! For your information, I can rock the messy hair. Yours looks likes two snowy mountains!" Kuroo tells him. Akaashi and I give each other a look then look back at the two.

They're just like Hinata and Kageyama.

"Let's ask her! Padema, who has a better chance with you?" Bokuto asks me and the two both attempt to strike their best looking poses. "Pick your poison."

"Akaashi." I tell them and Akaashi and I exchange a fist bump as he places his elbow on my shoulder, playing along.

Both of the boys automatically turn white and get surprised, I see they took it literally.

"Um, excuse me?" We all look at the door and see Tsuki entered.

Bokuto and Kuroo followed each other and greeted him with a bunch of "Oya's?".

They sound like they're drunk.

"There's something I would like to ask you. Do you mind?" He tells us.

"Oh no!" The two idiots say next to me.

"Okay then, so, here goes."  Tsuki seems weirdly nervous. "You're on a team that's known to be pretty good, right?"

Both of the dummies seemed to get a little annoyed.

Kuroo replied, "Well yeah."

"Even if you could get to nationals, it's difficult to win it all, right?" Tsuki asks once more. That seemed to tick them off more.

"It's not impossible jackass!" Bokuto defends.

"Oh don't get all bent out of shape." Akaashi tries to calm him down. "Let's hear him out."

"I'm asking a sincere question here. What drives you guys to work so hard?" His question seemed to surprise me a little bit. "Volleyball's only an extracurricular activity. Is there any benefit to it, other than being able to put it on your college application or something like that?"

"Just an extracurricular?" Bokuto seemed slightly offended from that. "I have a mind to punch you in the face."

"Dude. Maybe he's more interested in his grades?" Kuroo tries to defend. "Not that you would know anything about that."

Tsuki, Akaashi and I watched them argue for a little bit about Bokuto's stupidity. When really, they're both equally stupid from what I've seen.

"Do you find volleyball fun?" Bokuto asks Tsuki.

Even I had to think about that one.

"No, not really." He answers.

Do I find it fun?

No.

I just find the feeling of winning more elite than anything else I feel.

Perhaps it's the interest in volleyball that makes me play. Maybe the boredom?

Could that be why I play volleyball, am I really that bored?

I do know I like winning over losing. Everyone does.

Is that why I continue to play volleyball?

Daichi made me play with him when we were younger, did he just make me grow into playing it?

"Hey Padema, snap out of your thoughts. Come give us some of those spikes of yours." Kuroo calls out while I see Bokuto pushing Tsuki to the court.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, back to what I was saying. You and setter boy?" Kuroo finds himself next to me as I was walking away from the gym after we finished practicing.

"What about us?" I ask him back. Not that there is an "us" per say.

"I mean, I haven't seen you guys talk once during this whole camp. I even noticed him a few times, purposely ignoring you, like you didn't even exist. Something's up, talk to Kuroo." he begged.

"Well..." I was hesitant to finally tell someone what was up between Kageyama and I, but Kuroo always fins his way. "You know Toru Oikawa? Captain for-"

"Aobo Johsai." He finishes my sentence. "Yeah, that the setter with those nasty serves and uppity attitude."

"Well, he also happens to be Kageyama's worst rival. And yes, there is some attraction towards Kageyama coming from me. But, I may have started taking lessons on serving under Oikawa's directory."

"Ah, that explains that serve you can throw. So what, Kageyama found out?" he asks me. I give him a nod, hating to admit it though, "Wow, he's such a baby."

I was a little taken back from that. Was not excepting it.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well, he holds onto grudges with people like it's life or death. He still gets all eyebally with Kenma. You see, your school is my school's greatest rival, yet we help the blonde skinny boy out anyways. Kageyama can't even except the fact that you got help from someone that is obviously, greatly, skilled. That dude is jealous." He explains to me.

"Well when you put it like that...I guess it makes sense." I had never thought of it like that.

"Of course it makes sense! Now you go think that over, I'm gonna hit the showers." He turns the corner towards the shower room. "Catch ya later Padema."

I continue walking and start to gather my stuff for a shower too.

Kuroo's words started to really hit me.
He probably is overreacting.

"Hey little Daichi." Tanaka walks in with nothing but shorts and a towel around his neck.

Daichi and Suga follow him in after but, they're fully clothed.

"Tanaka, put a shirt on in front of her." Daichi tells him sounding all disgusted. "So, I see you're practicing with Kuroo and the Fukurodani's ace and setter huh?"

"Tsuki too." I add on.

"Wow, I lost you and Tsukishima to them? That's harsh." He sarcastically remarks.

I roll my eyes and grab a towel.

"I'm surprised you and Tsukishima can even play with them." Suga says, I give him a confused look. "Well, you and him aren't really, social people."

"Yeah! You guys are all about your smartass remarks and your blocks and those stupid glances! All quiet and crap!" Tanaka shouts while trying to mock me.

"Well, they're people that are tough enough for me to practice with." I simply tell them while heading to the door.

Watching them get mad, lightens up my mood.

"Oh shut up!" They all shout at me as I close the door.