16

Captain made us work extra hard today for afternoon practice.

Even after losing our first game, it still doesn't motivate the other girls to wake up earlier for morning practices.

It's hard to see our team be that lazy.

"Hey Padema." Kageyama greets me before first period. I hardly spoke to him at all in school yesterday. "How was practice?"

"Good. Just the captain and I, like usual. But, yesterday during afternoon practice we saw our bracket for the preliminaries this year. We were seeded against a school I'm not familiar with for our first day. But I highly doubt we'll even make it passed our first round."

"Don't talk bad about your team and yourself like that." He orders. I give him a sorry face and we make our way into class together. "We got out bracket too. Seijou is in our seeding this year."

"That's the team with the good looking captain right? Oikawa?" I ask him.

It wasn't 'till after I regret my choice of words.

"Yes." He says through his teeth and with a steamed head.

Oops.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The tournaments were just around the corner and our team has slightly improved more during practice.

Yet again, that's practice.

But some of the other girls aren't liking how our captain has been changing up her style.

She's still her positive self but slightly more strict, and we extended practice thirty minutes too, since they never show up to morning ones.

"Good job today ladies. We have three more practices until tournaments, so let's make it count!" Captain shouts as our practice comes to an end.

I leave the gym and head towards the boys.

I enter the gym and see the usual, everyone cleaning up normally while Hinata and Kageyama turn it into a competition.

But, Kiyoko must've taken off early.

"What's up little Daichi. How was practice?" Tanaka says.

It feels like I have another brother, thanks to him.

"Fine." I love giving him the same answer and seeing the disappointment on his face.

"Hey sis, I'm treating the team out for some meat buns, so you're lucky." I lightly smile to my brother. I don't bother to put my stuff down since they're already cleaning. "All right guys let's go."

Everyone, except for Tsuki and Tadashi, walked out together.

I walked with Kageyama, things between us actually haven't been as tense as I was making it before.

It was nice.

We tried playing tik tak toe without seeing the actual set up and without cheating. We kept letting out some laughs.

I sense someone looking at me, so I turn around and sure enough, Tanaka was making lovey dovey signs.

I don't even give him any look, I just turn back around, I've learned to live with it.

It's not like I like him or anything.

{Kageyama's POV]

Wow, I really like Padema that much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{Padema's POV}

It's been three days. Every day our team has gotten stronger and my statement for Kageyama is becoming weaker.