35(10)

I feel good today. Like my body is functioning at 1000 percent.

All I'm doing is practicing and there's nothing weighing me down. The heat outside isn't even fazing me.

I feel so calm and relaxed.

My serves are looking at their best and my speed is faster than usual.

My hands. They hit the ball so at ease and perfectly. The volleyball fits exactly in my hand.

The tosses are pin point perfect and the connection the ball makes with my hand is so-

"Padema! You have to watch how well they're doing right now! Oh my gosh, did I interrupt your practicin-huh?" I look at the excited Yachi slowly, and gave her a smile.

A real, genuine, smile.

"I'm coming." I walk over to her confused face and walk out of the gym and to the ones where they are all playing at.

"Um Padema, are you feeling alright?" She asks me, all concerned. I stop walking and face her.

"Yachi, I've never felt better."

We continued walking to the gym and I go over to the court our team is playing Fukurodani at.

The score was tied 18-18. I'm kind of impressed.

"Hey Padema." Kiyoko greets me once Yachi and I get to the bench.

I give a little wave and sit with them while Takeda and coach talk with the guys.

The game started up again and from what I've seen just from the time out, Bokuto doesn't seem like himself.

He seems mad.

Noya was given a pretty hard hit to pop up, which gave Fukurodani another point.

Bokuto was up to serve and he was so dedicated to wipe the floor with us. He throw the ball up for his jump serve and hit it directly into the net, almost hitting one of his teammates.

Afterwards, he seemed to have a mini tantrum, he's such a baby of the team.

Tanaka served the ball over and Fukurodani got ready for a Bokuto attack.

He seemed all fired up, only to be shut out from a triple block. They pick it back up and Bokuto tries again, but the ball goes right into the net.

I tried not to laugh.

"Um was that a block they just did over there?" Yachi asks me.

I couldn't help it but let my small laugh out, which seemed to confuse her even more.

"No, it didn't even go over the net, so that's referred to as a miss spike. Bokuto's dumbass got too confident to shut them out he shut himself out." I gladly tell her.

He seemed thrown off in the game and became all sad and whining, it just made me feel so enlightened.

Fukurodani started catching up with our speed though. Bokuto hasn't been given any sets and it's been nearly 6 plays already.

It's crazy to believe that anyone on the Fukurodani team could spike just as well.

It's scary to know.

"Are you ready for the barbecue later, Padema?" Yachi asks me.

Barbacue?

"What barbecue?" I had to ask back.

That sounds so good right now though. I would kill for some rice and freshly made steak.

"Daichi told us about it. Coach Nekomata arranged it secretly. Hinata, Tanaka, and Nishinoya even had a silly dance to it. It was funny with Kageyama trying to match their energy too." She giggles.

Kageyama? Dancing?

I look at Kageyama and he looks so zoned into the game.

He throws a fast set to Hinata, but it's different from the other special combo attack they had. This one floated in a way.

Kageyama is quite the talented guy.

{Flashback}

"I'm not mad." I looked at him, surprised from what he just said. "I was scared. I didn't want to lose you to Oikawa. I couldn't lose to him again."

"Oh." I try to quickly wipe a small tear that fell.

"Especially the most important thing in my life right now." He took his eyes off from the floor and weirdly looked into mine. "Which is, you."

I was stunned with what he had just said. It's as if my body just went up 100 degrees, it got so hot in the night air.

He starts to walk away but I speak up.

"You know, I would never, ever, go for Toru Oikawa. I'm not into third year setters." He turns back around and gives me a small side eye glance. "I am into first year setters though. Just thought you should get your facts straight. I'm not going anywhere."

{End of flashback}

"Ugh! I totally thought they had it!" Yachi shouts, and she takes me out of my thoughts.

I find myself looking at the floor smiling, even if we did just lose our final game.

"Come on Padema, flying laps." Daichi orders me. I go down and get in the back of the line.

I do my laps and still can't seem to wipe this smile off my face.

"You seem like you're in a good mood." Kageyama approaches me and starts to drink his water.

"It just so happens I am." I tell him, then walk away to the other gym.

When I get in there I see Kuroo is already in there, helping Lev with his receiving.

"You need to get lower." I tell Lev after he messes one up again. Receiving with that type of height, must be the worst.

"Oh, thanks Padema." He gives me a wide smile, but then Kuroo hits him in the face.

What a dickhead.

"What's up little one, you seem chipper than usual. Something happen between you and your little setter?" He asks in a teasing way as I walk over to the ball basket.

"I came to play not talk about that stuff." I say with my back facing him. I could feel my face going pink.

"Oh, so something did happen?" He pushes again. I grab a ball and quickly spike it at his head. He falls to the floor and Lev starts dying from laughter at him. "Fine, fine, don't tell me."

Bokuto walks in, happier than ever that he won. Akaashi follows, but not matching his energy.

"Yo! Padema! Did you see how awesome my last hit was? I mean it was pretty awesome wasn't it?" Bokuto towers me.

I've learn to encourage him when he acts like this.

"It was pretty cool, alright." I tell him with such a dull voice.

"So, we trying to get some practice in or what?" Kuroo asks while tossing a ball up and down.

Tsuki walks in and we get some drills done, like usual.

We didn't work ourselves as hard as before because, the games were cut short today for the "secret" barbecue, so it was still extremely hot.

But, it doesn't matter where you are, volleyball breaks a sweat.

"Do you guys smell that?" Bokuto stops his jump for the spike and starts sniffing the air by the door. It's here. "MEAT!"