38(13)

I felt my anxiety starting to really pick up, the moment Hinata went for the feint and this tall dude didn't even let it get passed him.

Why does he have to be so stinkin tall.

More and more people started gathering around us, to check out the game.

I haven't even heard of this school before and I'm sure many others haven't either. But, that seems to be the talk now, all because of that damn 6'7 guy.

"A time out huh?" One of the guys around us points out.

Only about 5 points in and we already used one of them up, they know what they're doing.

"Karasuno doesn't know what to do with that guy." Another guy spectates.

I could feel both Yachi and I so close to saying something, but we restrain each other.

"Hey, you know. It seems like the tall dude hasn't been playing that long." I whisper to Yachi. It was just a hunch but, I feel like maybe that's why they called for a time out.

"Huh? Why do you think that?" She questions me.

"Well, all I've seen from this guy, is that he is only able to hit in the direction he's facing. You remember Lev, the tall dude from Nekoma?" She nods her head. "He's like Lev but slower and taller."

Once the time out ended, I felt lots of hope for these guys.

Tanaka starts them off with an attack, even though they were able to return it. But, when the giant went for the spike, Noya was in the perfect place for the return.

So, I was right.

"He's jumping sideways!" One of the kids shouts, after Kageyama set the ball to Hinata.

He jumps at an angle, but the tall dude just barely catches up. Hinata went for a feint, which, actually worked.

Pure brains.

I look down and see Kageyama doing that wiggling finger thing he does, only when he's really feeling good. He did it once in practice, but then Hinata messed him all up.

I noticed he said something to Daichi that made Hinata's eyes glow.

I looked to Ukai and we give each other an impressed grin, knowing what's about to happen.

Noya receives the spike from our tall friend, and Kageyama sets it to Hinata, who spikes it down so quickly, the other team couldn't even move.

I'm happy to say, the new quick attack, is looking better than ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Karasuno took the first set, but Kakugawa started to really speed things up. They took sight on all of our other attacks and got pretty rough with their own.

Our tall friend seemed to just be slamming the ball down with all the raw power he has.

Even with Karasuno scoring points with all the different techniques we have, like the synchronized attack we use, it's nothing compared to this guy's strength.

But, even so, Karasuno managed to get to set point first. So, Kakugawa might have looked at us down a little too much.

Simple minded players.

Kageyama served the ball, that went perfectly to one of Kakugawa's players. The setter tosses the ball to the big guy, with everyone expecting a nice kill, now that the blockers aren't at their tallest right now.

But, my brother knows timing is priority.

They get a one touch on the ball and Asahi could just barely save it. Tanaka sends a bump set to Hinata, which I know, everyone thinks it's a mistake.

{Flashback}

"Spiking isn't all about slamming it down, you know?" Bokuto tells Hinata and scoring a point on Kuroo.

"What do you mean?" Hinata asks him, already in awe for his answer.

"Tsuki-poo and Kuroo, you two try to block me and Paddy-poo, if they can't, get the receive." Bokuto orders us.

Tsuki and I roll our eyes at the name and we all get ready.

Akaashi tosses him a set and Bokuto hits the ball at Tsuki's hand. I run over to the back to try and pick up the one touch before it hits out, but shockingly couldn't get to it in time.

I get up from my slide and look at how proud Bokuto is, for actually pulling that off.

Hinata, gave him all the hype and glory, like he's his hero.

"Wow! You just hit it like, WHABAM and it hit Tsukishima's hand like, FLOOSH then it flew all the way out like, neeEEER!" Hinata gushes, without using proper words.

Bokuto laughs at how astonished the little guy is.

"Yeah I know shorty. See, even with these two a few inches taller than me and them blocking out my line shot, I could just see it. Tsuki-poo's hand just dying to be smacked, so I hit the ball right on his hand, but high enough for he can't block it and powerful enough to reach the out line." Bokuto proudly explains.

{End of flashback}

Hinata hits the ball right on the giant's hand and it goes all the way out.

That's what happens when the other team gets too certain and relies it all on height.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Really good job today." I tell Kageyama once I get next to him, on the walk back. He finishes up his yawn and gives me a smile.

"Thanks. I felt really good today, like I could just sense we would win." He told me.

Well, it's not like you told me before the game, that you were planning on it.

"I could tell, you were doing the weird finger thing, like you were going to cast a spell on Hinata or something." He turns a little blue from what I said, but we both know it's true. "Where is Hinata anyway?"

"That idiot forgot his lunchbox or something like that." Kageyama scoffs. I look around and also notice Kiyoko isn't here either.

Wonder if she's on her way back already.

We had to wait for the two by the entrance, and instead we were given some nasty looks from a few guys that walked out.

Obviously, they were volleyball players, but doesn't looked like they played today. That means one thing.

"What's those guy's deal?" Kageyama says out loud.

"Those guys, might be one of the teams you're going up against." I tell him.

Tanaka let's out a dramatic scoff at my statement.

"Nah, they're just some stuck up losers. Can't handle the, Tanaka." He poses at the end of his opinion, which makes him look constipated.

"Padema's right. Spectators don't carry around volleyball bags and give a team like ours, those type of looks. If I'm right, that's Johzenji. They're in the top 4, I believe." Daichi backs me up.

Before anyone opposes, Kiyoko and Hinata walk out from the building.

"Sorry about that guys!" Hinata shouts and jumps off from the stairs.

"Try and get your crap together dumbass!" Tanaka shouts, still a little hot headed from the guy from before.

But, then he and Noya notices Kiyoko.

"Kiyoko, we're so glad you're safe!" The two shout together.

She, like always, ignores them of course.

"Did you find everything you needed?" Daichi asks Hinata and Kiyoko.

"His lunch." Kiyoko points out the lunchbox Hinata went back for in the first place. "Look how adorable it is."

"Aww Kiyoko!" Hinata shouts, mortified. Everyone took this as a chance to make fun of him, up until we got to the bus.

Good day.