19

We took our seats and watch Seijoh play their second set.

Oikawa's serve is annihilating on the court. Bringing them to 21-10 against Oomisaki.

"That's tough!" Hinata turns white just from watching that monster serve.

"Yeah, that makes the 4th service ace serve in a row." Asahi states.

"He's obviously got quite a lot of power, but that control is simply unreal." Coach points out.

I wish I had that type of control.

"It's true that his serve is nasty but, the worst thing is we don't know anything about him as a setter." Sugawara reminds us.

From the practice game, he didn't do a single set.

Kageyama hasn't said a thing, he was so focused on Oikawa. I sat next to him and ever since we saw Seijoh, he hasn't taken his eyes off of him.

As his prodigy, he must have some type of hate for him. He sure acts like he does.

"Aoba-Johsai, their teamwork seems to be really polished." Suga says after seeing they get a kill.

"See that number 4 on the left side? That is Hajime Iwaizumi" Kageyama points out. "I heard he's played with Oikawa since elementary school. They have almost a psychic connection."

I start to really stare down Seijoh's team.

They seem to know what they're doing a lot better than any of team here.

Even with the most simple set from Oikawa, he can bring out the spiker's best potential in winning.

"The Great King is awesome!" Hinata exclaims. We all give him a surprised look. But him and Noya really seem excited. "I wanna play him!"

"Me too!" Noya shouts next to him. "I hope he aims one of those serves to me!"

You and me both.

Noya and Hinata were acting like little kids so much, they were even called out as middle schoolers.

We all let out a little laugh at their embarrassment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bus ride was quiet. Everyone was exhausted and passed out.

I was tempted to mess with Kageyama but I was tired too.

I sat in a solo seat across from him and Hinata, but it was funny watching him sleep.

I mean- not that I was watching him or anything- I should sleep.

I woke up when the bus came to a stop and kicked Kageyama's leg to wake him up.

He rolls his eyes and I do the same at his sleepy attitude.

The moment we exit the bus with everyone half asleep, we see one of the staff members still at school.

"You kids have got to see this! Get your butts in here, the volleyball club is on television!" He shouts.

That seemed to wake some people up.

"What?! TV?!" Tanaka, Noya and Hinata all shout.

The three are first to run inside the building with the rest of us trailing behind.

Everyone watched as they showed Shiritorizawa on the screen, with their smashing scores.

25-10? 25-6?

I feel bad for the other team and I don't even know them.

This team must not show any mercy.

We were all brought to great disappointment when we didn't once see our team.

Instead we saw Oikawa more than anything. His stupid good looks was greatly put out there.

Daichi brings us back to the gym for a meeting.

I don't even need to be here, but I just hung out in the back.

I set the ball to myself and walked around a corner of the gym.

I enjoy having a brother on the team, it's like I get in so much practice.

Once they finish their meeting they go and set up.

One of the guys from the Neighborhood Association steps in, I haven't met him yet, but he gives Coach a disc.

I take a small glance at it and it labels "Aoba Johsai vs. Oomisaki."

Huh, might have to watch that myself.

We finally got to go home now that the day is over. I walk behind everyone.

I feel more bland then usual. Like something deep inside is hurting me, yet I don't feel the pain. It's a weird feeling.

I can tell something's wrong with Kageyama too, he's tense. Well, more than usual.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had to get up early to watch the boys face Oikawa today. It's going to be quite a game.

I went on the bus ride over with them and I could feel all of the tension in the air.

I don't even think I've said a word to anyone at all this morning.

It wasn't because of my thoughts of today's game. But, because of my thoughts for yesterday's game.

I still can't believe we lost. Must've just now hit me.

I did all that practice just for my first high school season to be over.

I should've taken it more seriously. The team should've taken it more seriously.

It hurts.

I sit in my solo seat on the bus and turn my head to the window as I feel a hot tear go down my face. I swiftly wipe it away and suck up the rest of my tears before it falls out.

I should've trained harder.

Maybe, we could have given our captain her best, last season.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood with Shimada and Takinoue once again during this game.

I didn't realize how big of supporters they are. Taking work days off for this.

Tsuki served the first ball over. Seijoh returns it and the hitters start to get ready.

"Look, two of them are getting ready to jump." Shimada speaks my exact thoughts.

"Interesting.'' Takinoue mutters.

We take a closer look to see who was going to hit it.

Oikawa jumps in the air, and he-what? He pulls out a setter dump this early?

It's rare to see such a powerful one to, it was basically a spike.

Seijoh serves the ball over and Daichi gives them a good recieve. Kageyama and Hinata prepare for their crazy quick attack, but it's a dime for Seijoh's libero.

He receives it perfectly.

"Hey! Check out Seijoh's setter!" Takinoue points out. "It's gonna be another setter dump, it's way more obvious this time."

Oikawa swings his arms about to spike, but this stupid guy with a face, changes from a spiking position to a set, mid-air.

He shook off Hinata and Tanaka leaving an open kill for one of the hitters.

Impressive.

Makes me mad how good he is.

A serve goes over and Noya gives a great receive to Kageyama. He jumps for the set. Hinata, Tanaka and Asahi all get ready to hit, we just have to wait and see who he chooses.

"This bastard." I say under my breath, with a stupid smile plastered on my face.

With the slightest movement, Kageyama shows Seijoh how much of a threat he is too.

He did a setter dump too.