13

"You ready?" Daichi asks me, while we played pepper in the cold morning air. I nod at him and give him a hit down. He gets to it and gets back. "You nervous?"

"A little." I set him and up and he spikes it down at me.

I get to it, but don't pass it up as much.

"Hey, save your precious energy for the game!" Tanaka shouts from a window.

He had his toothbrush in his mouth and spit running down his chin.

"Okay, it's almost time. I'll take you over now, go get yourself ready." My brother tells me.

I jog with the ball in my hands, over to the bedroom.

Sleeping in the same room as all the boys in this camp has been one of the most challenging things I've had to deal with in a while.

I get my uniform and take a sec to admire it. A libero my first year, pretty cool.

I go over to the girls bathroom and change into my jersey, shorts, knee pads and shoes. Okay, I'm ready.

I take a look at myself in the mirror, not looking too bad.

Game day, let's go.

I exit the bathroom and instantly run into someone.

"Watch it." a male voice says. It seems familiar. I look up and see Kuroo. "Oh, hey Padema."

"Hello." I say back, and give a small wave to Kenma who was behind him.

They were both in their uniform already. Looks good.

"What are you doing in a jersey?" Kenma asks. He notices after he takes his eyes off his game.

"I have a game." I tell him.

"Ah, you won't be able to see us kick your boy's butt? Well, maybe next time. Kenma, let's go wake up the rest if the team." Kuroo and Kenma starts taking a few steps away. "Oh and, good luck Padema."

"You too." I find myself saying back.

I probably shouldn't have, luckily none of Karasuno's boys heard me.

I rush over to the bedroom and walk in on most of the boys shirtless.

Including Kageyama.

I quickly look down and all of the boys go silent as soon as they see me.

I find my way to my corner where I put all my stuff and grab my volleyball bag.

I feel someone put their hands on my shoulder and guide me through the maze of men.

I take a peak and see it's luckily Daichi.

"Okay, I'll be back shortly, I have to take Padema back to school for her practice game." he tells them.

"Good luck little Daichi!" Tanaka shouts running at me and tackles me into a hug.

I try to fight my way put of it.

"Ugh, Tanaka you're shirtless, get off me!" I finally got him off and he laughed so badly.

The rest of the team followed with a bunch of good wishes for me as we leave.

The drive over was filled with Daichi and I talking about who's better between us two.

We both decided to leave it undecided.

I know it's him.

"Okay, kick their asses." he tells me as we pull into the lot.

"Thanks. Good luck, tell the rest I said that too." We fist bump and I leave the car.