12

The past few days I've been training with the girls and boys.

Captain scheduled morning and afternoon practices but, I was the only one who showed up to morning ones.

I don't understand why the other girls don't show up, especially with this game coming up.

"Captain, do you want these out?" I ask her this morning.

I held a box by the equipment room, that isn't usually here.

"Um, yes please. I'll have them revealed later today." She tells me.

Since I'm the only one who shows up for morning practices, I've gotten much better with talking to my captain.

We usually end up having different types of conversations about my brother.

I think she's into him. Probably.

"Okay see you later." I tell her then walk out of the gym.

I change into my school uniform in the locker rooms and head to class early.

"Oh, hey Padema." Kageyama stops in front of me, then starts walking alongside. Crap, I have this class with him. Wait why should I be worried? "Look what we got today."

I look at him and he shows me his jersey. I get wide eyed when I see the number.

"Yep, I know its a coincidence but, look at that, I got your favorite number as my jersey. Don't think I forgot." He tells me.

I felt the room getting hot and see an outlet up ahead, the bathroom.

I couldn't even use my words properly, I point at the bathroom and rush to it. He stayed standing there.

The past few days at training camp has been easy avoiding him, since all we do is practice. Too easy to get focused on the game over a boy.

Not that I think of him or anything, ugh!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay. The big surprise I made all of you wait for, we have ourselves, jerseys!" Captain opens the box from earlier this morning and reveals black with white stripes, sleeveless jerseys.

I like them.

I took out mine, instead of black it was white with black stripes. I slowly turned it around, hoping it was a good number.

My jaw nearly dropped once I see what I got. Of all number, I just have to get number 9.

This is just amazing, damnit.

I leave the gym and head to the boys.

We worked pretty hard today because of the game, so I don't plan on practicing too hard.

"What's up little Daic- woahhh! Look at that!" Tanaka snatched the jersey hanging from my hand out of it and admired it. "Gotta say, this is pretty badass!"

"Is yours a different color from the rest of your team?" Hinata asks me. I nod back to him which seems to make him extra happy. "I knew it! Cause, I just know everything about volleyball."

"I told you that earlier, dumbass!" Kageyama shouts from the court.

I roll my eyes at them and snatch my jersey back and put it in my bag.

Looks like they were cutting practice early.

I help with the clean-up like usual and Kiyoko takes me to the camp before they go.

"So, how are you and Kageyama?" Kiyoko breaks the silence while we walk in the camp.

"Um, good? Why?" I asked her uncertain.