42(17)

I break into a sprint the moment I see Daichi fall. Come on, this shouldn't be too bad.

Right? Right!?

"Sweetheart, what's the rush?" My run stops with the certain sometime, locking his hand around my wrists.

"Not now, Oikawa." I tug my arm and his grip just gets tighter. His bullshit isn't something I'd want to put up with today.

"Oh right, isn't their captain, a brother of yours?" He asks in his seductive voice.

I wrap my arm around his, which makes him lose grip of me and grab him by the jersey then, pull him real close my face.

"He just so happens to be my only brother, so if anything happens to him and he won't be able to kick your ass on the court, I'll happy kick it off the court." I say through my teeth.

I let go of him and give both Oikawa and Iwaizumi a look and continue my way down.

Once I make it down, I see Daichi and coach just in sight.

Thank goodness, he doesn't look so bad.

I run towards him and try to gentle tackle him with a hug. He squeezed me back with one arm and I never felt so relieved to be able to hug someone.

It's been so long.

"Careful there shorty." Coach says next to us. "You can take it from here?"

I nod my head and he walks back into the gym. Daichi and I start our walk to the medical office, since I already know the way, sadly.

"What happened out there?" I ask him.

He had a bruise starting to form on his right cheek and his mouth didn't look too good either.

"I don't know. I saw Tanaka go for the ball, but I just had the urge to get in that last hit. I just hope they keep the momentum going, even while I'm out." His captain mode is still locked in.

We got to the medical office and she did a basic check up on him and gave him a fresh bag of ice.

While we sat there, I see he is nervous with all the fidgeting.

"I'm sure your fine." I try to comfort him.

"No it's not that. I just don't know how they're going to take the second set. WakuNan figured out how to narrow down Hinata's quick attack before the game ever started, so if we could jus-"

"Daichi!" I shout over his rant. He automatically stopped and looked at me shocked. I took a deep breath and kept my eyes on the floor. "Daichi. You could've gotten really, really hurt. I understand you're worried about the team right now, but it just seems like, you don't put much care into yourself. They're probably terrified right now with their captain gone, which means you need to also take care of yourself in order to get out there quicker and help your team, just like you want to."

I look up to him and my throat starts to ache from the tears I'm holding back.

They all go away the moment I see a stupid grin on his face. Really?

"Look at that, you do care for me." The words came out from my brother but, all I hear is Oikawa's voice. The stupidity. "I thought I was the one who got hit and you're here, actually showing some love for once."

"I hate you." I mutter and sit back in my seat. He laughs at the situation then stops, because of some pain.

I release a little laugh at him and let out a relieved sigh while, slouching down in my seat.

"Even if I'm great shit at showing it, which I know I am, I do care about you." I tell him.

He leans over and places the ice pack on my head.

"Looks like your head got messed up too." He jokes. I roll my eyes and throw the ice back at him. This guy, the moment I show some love, this idiot. "But you're right, I know my team got this."

We fist bump and get comfy in our seats.

"So let's talk about that sweatshirt." He starts with me.

"Want me to make sure, you get a concussion?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stand up from my seat, after my stomach growls for the tenth time.

"Where you going?" Daichi mumbles from his sleep.
How'd he even know I got up?

"Just to get a snack. Go back to sleep." I say to him. He waves his arm at me, like it wasn't a big deal.

"Get me something. You know what I like." He drowsily tells me.

I roll my eyes and shut the door for no more light come into the room.

I stretch my back and let out a yawn after taking that little nap, in that dark room. I rub my eyes and start to walk to the vending machines, until I overheard some cheering.

I take a peak over and immediately wake up.

"Huh?" I say under my breath.

How was that ball still bouncy after that spike?

Ushijima, from Shiritorizawa, slammed down an enormous spike. One so fast and powerful, I only see those type of hits on television.

Oh, how it must feel to be able to dig that up, I could feel myself salivating over it.

Looks like they're taking their match against Hakusuikan.

Hate to be that opposing team right about now.

I continue my trip to the vending machines and sadly, I run into someone. I didn't even need to look up to see who it was, the screaming girls on my right told me already.

"Padema."

Wow no sweetheart today?

I look up and become face to face with him. I remembered what I had said before, and felt, kind of bad.

"Oikawa, what I said before, I apologize-" he cuts me off and gets to eye level with me.

"Listen, captain or no captain, my team is going to wipe the floor with you guys, just like before." He says confidently with a smirk.

"Is that so?" I reply with a grin of my own, which catches him off guard.

But, something else catches my eye.

A guy with dyed hair, but black hair stripes circling his head. Who's this guy?

"Wish me luck, sweetheart." Oikawa stands up and pats my head, before walking away.

As much as I hate to admit it, even with the hatred flowing through my veins for him, I can't deny the fact that, Oikawa and I are friends.

That's more terrifying than any spike.