24

"So what is this called again?" One of the girls asks.

"It's a deuce." Her friend answers.

First team to score two points wins. Just two points.

Seijoh uses their final time out. Both teams, so determine to go to Nationals.

They have to be more than ready for anything by now.

Tanaka serves and give them an easy receive. They get ready for the attack and triple block it, getting that one touch.

Daichi passes it right to Kageyama, while Hinata gets ready for his broad jump.

Leaving him unmarked was too good of a strategy, he did two broad jumps in a row and the libero was able to get both of them.

Just as he was about to do his third, a guy finally gets on him.

Kageyama throws him a set, but Hinata doesn't jump as high. He taps the ball from under and flies onto his neck.

All worth it, they got a point.

"That shorty is amazing! There we go!" Takinoue's enthusiasm starts to boost mine.

Just one more point.

Seijoh grants themselves another kill and with that, another point.

"The score's still the same." Shimada says while Takinoue and I start to freak out. "If Seijoh doesn't call a break, Karasuno still has the advantage for right now. That said, Oikawa is up to serve at the worst possible moment."

Ugh! I want to stomp on Oikawa right now!

He's all too perfect and that isn't helpful at this given moment.

Please, please, please mess up.

Oikawa throws up the ball and his run into the serve seems much more powerful. He slams his palm against the bottom center and it flies all too well over the net. Noya gets ready for the receive, then last second just shifts his head.

It's out? It's out!

Thank you line guys, for putting those flags up!

"So now their hotshot is messing up his serves. Maybe he's losing it." Takinoue likes to state.

"Yeah, even he's not perfect." Shimada adds.

They get a little too confident in what they're saying then both get shaken up after Seijoh gains another point.

Both team's score keeps going up and up and up. They got to 31 deuce and it's so stressful.

Neither teams are letting the other win.

As much as I want to say we got this, after the past few points, I completely don't know who will take this home.

It's all too close.

"Both sides have it rough." Shimada says.

"Maybe. But seems like Karasuno's barely keeping the ball in play." Takinoue puts out there. We look at all of the boys and see them panting and so exhausted. "Their attacks feel, kind of, uninspired. That said, the psychological pressure must be far worst on Seijoh's side."

"Serve up a good one Oikawa!" The three girls next to us shout.

I roll my eyes and feel like throwing up whenever I hear people cheer for him.

"Crap! The rotation's gone full circle!" Shimada says. "I'm sure he's still kicking himself for the serve he flubbed. Can he handle it?"

I sure hope not, yet in some weird, odd way, I also hope he can.

I've gotten too invested in him I've started to feel bad for him.

Snap out of it Padema!

Who the hell is this number 13?

He came out of no where with two hits in a row. Bringing Seijoh to match point.

This isn't good. This isn't good at all.

It especially seemed to piss off Kageyama.

Oikawa gives a soft serve and Daichi picks it up. Out of formation, Kageyama sets it to Asahi who is faced against a triple block.

Seijoh gets a one touch from it. Their libero somehow picks it up and Oikawa sends a set to Iwaizumi.

Noya is able to pop it back up. Kageyama runs to the back and gives Hinata a quick blind set for their combo move and-.

He got blocked.

Unbelievable.

The boys next to me all groan in anger.

I take a seat and wonder, how were they so certain to leave Hinata marked with a triple block?

How.

I couldn't even look at them. It would hurt me just as much.

Both my brother and I ending our tournaments and none of us went to Nationals.

The boys came to thank us for coming.

I couldn't even look my very own brother in the eye and neither could he.

I hold onto my verge of tears and just clap through it.

"Great job you guys! You did your best!" Takinoue
and Shimada cheer them on and clap.

The team sadly walks away and goes to their stuff.

"I've always hated hearing that, after losing. It's not something someone wants to hear, but from up here, I'm not sure what else to say." Takinoue states.

We all stand in silence and take in what just happened.

"I have to meet with them. See you." I quickly walk away from the boys and away from the stands.

I find the team while they were on the way out and I run over to Daichi.

For once, I gave him a big hug.

He wasn't ready at first but soon enough squeezed me back. I felt some of his hot tears land on my shoulder.

"You did...amazing." I whisper to him, which seems to make him cry harder.

I never give him hugs, I'm not a hug person. But, after that game, it wasn't something to avoid.

We finally let go and they went on to clean themselves up.

I stuck around with Kiyoko, but she was more silent than ever and so was I.

I guess after that match, talking isn't the best thing for anyone.

They had their meeting and I watched the Seijoh match with them.

Next to Daichi the whole time.

Hardly anyone said a peep. It felt like it was too scary to say anything.

Especially after watching Seijoh win.

Even the bus ride back was silent.

People slept yeah, but I could feel the pain radiating off from them.

I want to smack some sense into them, but I couldn't find any energy doing so.

It sounds selfish saying I feel the pain they do, but then I keep thinking about the other day and my loss too.

I guess we all lost.