39(14)

"You know, I was informed that you have the nastiest serve in Karasuno, currently. Even better than your boyfriend's, Kageyama." Daichi tells me.

He leaves the bathroom as I enter to get ready for the day.

"Kageyama, isn't my boyfriend. But, who told you that, your girlfriend, Michimiya?" I callback.

Through the mirror, I see him turn white. I smirk at myself, while applying toothpaste on my toothbrush.

"She's not my girlfriend." He attempts to recover. I know there's something there. "Anyways, no. Asahi and Nishinoya told me about it. They had a wild assumption that you learned it from Oikawa."

I nearly miss directed my spit, from what he had just said. Did they really?

"Oh, that's so weird." I try to cover up.

"Padema."

I look through the mirror and see him giving me his stupid, 'Are you kidding me?' type of face.

"I'm not an idiot." he states.

That's debatable.

"Um, maybe, there was little, just a little, bit of Oikawa." I give in. I was going to tell him sooner or later. I finish brushing my teeth and give my attention to him. "Basically, after the prelims and Seijoh beat you guys. I went to Oikawa and we started meeting up in the mornings, he taught me his deadly serve."

"See, I knew you liked running, but not so much to go on a two hour run every other day before practice." He considered then started walking back to his room.

"Wait, are you not mad?" I shout out and start to follow him.

"Free practice starts in 20 minutes, we're gonna see that serve today!" He yells from his room.

Oh, looks like I'm going to free practice with him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Kageyama?" I question.

He tried to walk past me with a hoodie, a hat and sunglasses on. But, he wasn't fooling anyone.

"Ugh! How'd you know it was me?" He shouts out in frustration and throws his, poorly created disguise, on the floor.

"It's easy to point you out. Where are you off to?" I ask him and pick up his sunglasses off the floor and put them on me.

It's too hot during summer, I hate it.

"I have to study the team, I already know, will be one of our biggest problems." He tells me. Seijoh, understandable.

"Just a tip for you. Since it's not school hours, best way to blend in on another campus is, wearing something that gives you a reason to be there." I tell him and start walking to the gym. "Something sporty I suggest."

"Little Daichi looking good with those glasses on. Let me try them on!" Tanaka greets.

I pass the shades to him and as he struts a few poses Daichi chucks a ball at his face, knocking the sunglasses off.

"You look like an idiot Tanaka." He states.

Harsh.

I grab a ball and decide to serve, since that's what everyone else is doing. I warm up with a normal serve to kind of, stretch out my arm.

"Hey Padema! Give me one of those serves from before, girl!" Noya shouts from the other side of the court.

I glance to the side and see Daichi really focusing on me. I nervously gulp, I hate that look.

The ball is the what I control here. I want the ball to go, left. Straight to Noya, then curve, to the left.

I will not hit it to him.