11

"What do you think she's thinking about?"

"I'm pretty sure she's dead."

"Padema. Padema!"

"Huh?" My hand loses the support it was giving my head and it I nearly hit my head on the desk.

I look to who was calling me.

Hinata and Kageyama.

"Oh, so you're not dead." Kageyama says.

I give them a confused look, I honestly didn't notice they were even here after I started gazing.

"You were staring at Kageyama for like ten minutes. Even after he left his seat you were still wide eye." Hinata explains.

I feel myself get bright red.

Quickly, I rush to the bathroom.

Why did they catch me doing that? Why was I doing that! Get a hold of yourself right now Padema.

It's okay. It's okay. Everything's okay.

Crap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies! I have exciting news." Captain gathered us up at the end of practice. "I got us a practice game scheduled, against Tokonami's girls on Sunday!"

Everyone didn't seem too excited for it. I'm not one to show excitement, but I was.

This is our first ever game. I've never got to work with the girls properly.

Matter fact, there's so much pauses in our practices, I probably get more practice in when I'm with the boys.

"Sounds great Captain, thanks." I told her.

All of the other girls were shocked, mostly because I haven't said a word to half of these people ever since I joined.

But, I could tell Captain has been having trouble finding anyone who would play us.

"Thanks Padema!" She smiles brightly. I return a small one and exit the gym.

I get to go to training camp with the boys today.

But since it's less than a week there, I know I won't get much practice. Especially since it's for the boys and I just get special privileges,.

I am most definitely, not taking advantage of this opportunity for extra practice either.

Even if that means being with Kageyama.

I've tried to avoid him all day after what happened this morning.

That was the worst.

"Just in time little Daichi. How was practice?" I will never get over the fact that Tanaka hasn't missed a day of greeting me.

"Good." My response made his eyes sparkle.

"Good over fine? Do please fill me in with details!" He seemed so excited, I almost laughed.

"Hey, save that chit chat for later, we aren't done here!" Coach tells Tanaka. I've started to like him, he's a very strict yet soft coach. He sends me a wave and I give him a small then put my bags down. "Join us."

I jog over to the back of the line and stretch out a little bit more.

I stopped once I hit someone behind me. I turn around to apologize but instead I go red.

Out of all the players, Kageyama has to be the one person behind me.

"You've been avoiding me." He states after I turn back around.