23

Kageyama gives Tanaka a set throwing off the blockers that were on Hinata and they score another point.

Allowing us to catch up 14-15.

"That little guy's awesome." The previous girls by us comment.

"It's volleyball." Shimada starts, catching their attention. "And this game's is all about non stop jumping. It's like you're fighting against gravity. Jump to decoy. Jump to block. Jump to spike."

Tanaka gets blocked by Seijou but Noya picks it up.

"The longer the rally goes," Shimada continues. "the more frantic and uneasy the players become. When you get tired, it makes you slack off. I remember in one match I even wished someone else would spike for me."

"Oh yeah, there was this one rally that went on forever and I was totally worn out." Takinoue adds on. "It got to the point I didn't even care where the ball went anymore. I just wanted it to fall."

Kageyama sets it to Asahi, while Hinata, the great decoy, shakes off the blockers.

Asahi breaks right through Oikawa's block.

"That was a pipe!" Shimada and Takinoue shout while hugging each other in excitement.

I bet they miss this high school adrenaline no matter how much they talk about how tiring it was.

I would if I were them.

Another time out was called after Karasuno had caught up.

I look at our boys and see Tadashi just looking at them. It must not be easy watching your friends being worn out from getting all that play time.

I hope they put him in at some point.

"Shimada, you have been working with Tadashi on his serving right?" I ask him.

"Oh, yeah. But it's just been a week. It took me more than a week to master a jump float serve. Why?" He answers.

"Nothing, I was just hoping we would see it some time soon." I tell him.

I've seen him practice it all the time but never once in an actual game.

The time out ended and it only just bumped both teams up a point.

But, because of that, Hinata is about to head to the back row for a serve. He better make this count.

8 more points.

"Whoa! Another broad jump!" Takinoue points out, but he notices something much more shocking.

"Is he..?" I started to wonder.

We look at the blockers and see that Seijoh is mainly focusing on receives for his attacks.

"He's unmarked! They're not blocking him anymore!" Takinoue tell us.

Hinata hits is down and sure enough the libero was more than ready for it.

The pass was given to Oikawa who jumped up ready to set. This nasty prick decides to hand us a setter dump, which Noya couldn't pick up in time.

"A setter dump, really?" Shimada and Takinoue shout in unison, both on the edge of the railing.

This last set is so stressful, for everyone.

"Oh great, him again." I huff and get mad the moment I see Oikawa getting ready to serve.

Just as Seijoh gets back in their groove, he just has to be up.

The crowd does their stupid build up chant as he runs for the serve.

But, something was different when he hit it.