Sweet Child O' Mine Chapter 25

Start from the beginning

Belle twisted her lips, "Stop calling me that," She yelled, "Just stop." Her hand made a slicing movement in front of her, "Why are you doing this, why can't you leave me alone!"

"Okay, okay, no kiddo, got it." He popped the sucker in his mouth, "I know where your Daddy is but you, you just disappeared, and yeah you have a warding spell," He gestured to her torso, "But Winchesters get attention. Especially you."

She shook her head, "Look, I got jumped by a damn demon and was out of commission for a few months." She ignored the look of split panic that envelope his features, "So, you found out where I was, what I was doing, now, fly off." She snapped.

"You were kidnapped," he said stupidly, "for months, why the hell did your dad not find you?"

She burst out in laughter, "Him? He's off screwing his suburban housewife and playing house with his kid, he made his intentions very clear."

Gabriel struggled for words, "I didn't know, I'm uh, sorry."

Belle shook her head at the angel, "I'm fine now stop with the damn pity and, and with her and just leave me the hell alone!" Rain began falling, lightning spreading across the night sky. A sob building in her chest as she tried to shake the feeling of pain. "Why can't you people just go."

The archangel nodded, shaking his head at her. "Belle, it's literally in the description of our job to make sure you're safe."

"A lot of good that did!" Belle hissed, hair drenched and sticking to the sides of her cheeks, "I've been whipped, stabbed, beaten and burned for three months!" She screamed, water pounding down in pools, "No, I've been beaten every day of my life since I was seven years old. I'm tired. I want some hint of normal. Please." Her voice broke, the rain lightening as she breathed. "just go away Gabriel, since when did you embrace being an angel anyways."

The being nodded, his whiskey eyes darkening, "Fine. I'll see you on the flip side, Winchester." With a wink, the light broke through the sky and Belle groaned.

"Belle? Kiddo?" She hummed as a voice pulled her away, "You alright?"

Her eyes snapped open, a hiss escaping her lips, as she shot up. "What?" Looking over she sees Derek at the side of her bed, "I'm good," she sniffed, feeling the tears from her dream slip down her freckled cheeks, "I'm alright."

The man looked like he wanted to press but shook his head, "Well, we're gonna start heading to the outlets in an hour or two, I made breakfast I hope you don't mind eggs..." He trailed standing up, "I also found some of my sister's clothes she left uh last time she was here, so you can use them if you want, I'm sure she wouldn't mind, I left them in your bathroom for after breakfast."

He stood up, motioning for her as they made their way to the kitchen, swapping stories as they munched on slips of bacon and other diner breakfast foods. Grumbling slightly as she got handed a cup of coffee she shivered contently in warmth. "It's uhm," Belle smiled, "It was really good thank you."

Derek shrugged as he dropped their dishes in the sink, "Don't sweat it, kid, remember to take your meds and go get dressed okay? We'll leave after that and meet the team at the mall."

Belle nodded, getting up from the table and making her way back into her room, at the foot of her bed was the care-package Penny had made for her, picking it up to bring with her to the bathroom, she dug through it again, grabbing the bottle of concealer and the bottles of bath stuff she set on her journey. Starting the shower timidly, she slowly undressed, fighting bites of pain as her arms lifted.

"Just great Winchester," she snapped, the fire spreading like a wildfire crossed her shoulders, "you got this, just get in the stupid shower, clean yourself up and suck it up." Belle groaned as she climbed in under the warm spray of the shower, her shoulder losing the years of stress building up underneath her skin. Huffing as she rested against the tile of the side, her breath heaved slightly. Shaking herself, she gently washed body, gradually bringing her hands to her scalp and scrubbing. Hisses of pain erupting from her lips. The steam rising from her skin, Belle's eyes closed softly, sinking low into her mind.