Fifty-Seven

"Get the fuck up!" Bailey yells, throwing Josiah's clothes at him

"Mmm what is it?" He groans, rubbing his eyes.

"It's time for you to go, Josiah. Yeah last night was fun and all but it won't happen again. You weren't supposed to spend the night here."

"See Bailey, there you go ruining stuff....DAMN! It was starting to feel like old times again." Josiah scoffs as he gets up and starts getting dressed.

"Well, it'll never be like old times so there's no point in pretending. Don't you got a family to get home to?" She asks as he follows her into the kitchen, watching her start on breakfast.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me what happened to you last night and you may as well make me breakfast since I'm here. You know I always did love your cooking." He says as he sits down on the bar stool.

"Fine, I'll tell you because I know your stubborn, persistent ass won't leave if I don't but before I start talking, stop bringing up the past and how we used to be. How you expect me to let shit go if you keep bringing up those bad memories? I'm trying to be cordial with you but you're making it hard."

"You're right, won't happen again." He tells her, holding his hands up in surrender. "Now tell me about the nigga that did that to you."

"There's this guy at the club named Kade. We've been fooling around but we never had sex or anything because I know he's a hoe. He claims to love me and he hit me after I was dancing with you. He came over last night trying to apologize for hitting me and was trying to have sex but I didn't want to. He beat my ass and was going to rape me until I fought back. I took those pills because I wanted to die. I was tired of bad shit happening to me and I felt like everything would be better if I died. Before you tell me to quit my job so I can be away from him, I can't do that because I need the money and he knows where I live so he would still pop up here and I can't tell my dad because he doesn't know I work at the club." Bailey explains as she puts bacon, French toast, and eggs onto her and Josiah's plates then fills up their glasses with orange juice.

"So what exactly is your plan then? You just gonna let him keep beating you up and trying to rape you or are you gone do something about it? You're a lot of things but you're not dumb. You know it won't end well for you if he's still trying to be with you despite knowing that you don't want him." He says, putting food into his mouth.

"What should I do then Jo? Since you know every fucking thing."

Josiah raises his left eyebrow and starts spilling his master plan, moving his hands around as he talks.

"So you in it or what, Bailey? It has to happen tonight." He asks, putting his dirty dishes into the sink.

Before Bailey can answer, she hears a familiar voice and loud foot steps coming towards her apartment. "Babygirl, we need to talk." Kade tells her loudly. Her eyes buck, her palms start to sweat, and the color leaves her face as if she's seen a ghost.