One

Two Years Later

Two Years Later...

"Hi, my name is Bailey and I'll be your server today. Can I recommend the shrimp and grits? I'll also be taking your drink orders while I'm here."

Bailey smiles softly as she sits down a few napkins then puts silverware on top of them, followed by the menu that says Luke on the front. When she first moved to New Orleans, she was lucky enough that her brother knew the owners of the restaurant meaning she got the job as a waitress on the spot. No interview necessary. Luke is one of the best creole restaurant's in New Orleans. It's usually filled with snobby guests but the job pays well so Bailey makes it work.

"No thank you.. we're both allergic to seafood. I'll have a water and my wife will have the same." The older black man with silver hair smiles, pushing his glasses up.

"Okay, I'll give you two a minute to look over the menu while I get your drinks."

Bailey's section of the tables are located near the front door of the restaurant but the kitchen is at the back so as she's making her way there, she smiles and nods at the guests who seem to love her so much. Grabbing two glasses, she rinses them out and uses the silver scoop to fill both glasses with ice then filling them with water.

"Bae.. you're looking swell today. Your hair is exceptionally shiny and your slip resistant shoes are to die for." Ahmad, Bailey's coworker says, using the nickname that everyone calls her.

"What do you want, Ahmad? I'm not in the mood to be doing you any favors today."

"Well damn, I was going to ask you to take my shift tonight, but I guess I'll find someone else."

"Yeah, you'll have to because I have plans tonight." Bailey winks, sticking out her tongue like a child.

She's seen plenty of people come and go while working at Luke but her and Ahmad started around the same time, becoming friends quickly and promising to stick this job out until they find something better. Ahmad is one of the sweetest guys ever but there's one thing about him that Bailey doesn't like: he's always trying to skip work, leaving her to cover his shift.

With a huge smile on her face, Bailey walks back over to the lovely couple and place their drinks in front of them.

"Are y'all ready to order?" Bailey asks while pulling out her notepad and pen from her apron.

"Go ahead, sweetie." The man says to his red haired wife.

"Thank you hun, I'll take the Tabasco honey fried chicken."

"Okay ma'am and for you, sir?"

"I'll take the Washington Parish Roasted Chicken."

"I'll have that right out." Bailey tells the couple.

The whole time she was writing down their orders, she watched how they treated each other so kindly. She watched the way the husband would push his wife's hair behind her ear and slide her glass over to her. You could tell they were the kind of couple to show a lot of affection. The kind that are so lovey dovey that they make you want to vomit a little. It's nice to see how a couple should love each other because Bailey never saw that love between her parents.