Twenty-Seven

"Before you start explaining, are you okay? I need to get you a wet towel

"Before you start explaining, are you okay? I need to get you a wet towel. Your lip is bleeding." Josiah says, pulling Bailey into a tight hug; hurting his wound in the process.

"Yes, I'm fine now and no, don't get me anything. I just want to tell you what happened so everything can be out in the open." Bailey says as she leads Josiah to the couch.

Josiah stares at Bailey's bruised face, waiting for her to speak. He sees the emotions in her eyes as she has an internal battle within. He just hopes she's able to express those emotions out loud.

"Take your time. No rush, beautiful."

"Josiah, I was robbed at the gas station, they stole my phone and some money from my purse..They tried to kidnap me. I started to fight for my life, screaming for help until they let me go. As I was trying to speed off in my car, the dudes started shooting.. I-It was so scary. I thought I was going to die. With all of the sex trafficking going on in the world, I knew it was unsafe to be out at night alone but I never thought it would happened to me until it did. " Bailey sobs, her bruised face now wet with tears.

"Calm down, you're safe now. Everything is going to be okay. We need to see if the gas station has surveillance cameras and make a police report."

"N-no! I don't want to go back there and you can't go either, those dudes might be waiting. We don't have to file a police report. I just want to forget it all, not make things worse by opening a case against them."

"Aite Bailey, at least tell me what the niggas looked like so I can handle they asses if I see em anywhere."
Josiah says, using his thumbs to wipe Bailey's tears.

"I don't remember much because it was traumatizing but I do know that one of the dudes had a fade, light brown eyes and uh he was tall, looked like he weighed about 200 pounds. The other two dudes were darkskinned. That's all I remember." She says, her stomach growling loudly.

"I'll keep that in mind... Damn, you wanna go eat? Girl yo stomach making whale noises like Dory on Finding Nemo."

"Shut up and yeah I'm hungry. Let me go change and get myself together."

While Bailey goes into her room, Josiah starts thinking about her being robbed and almost kidnapped. He's glad she was able to make it away but can't help but to think, one wrong bullet to her body and she could've been dead. He don't know what he'd do if he lost her which makes him think how he'd feel if someone took her from him. He knows he has to make her his woman soon because he can't play the boyfriend role unless he actually is one.

"I'm ready." Bailey says, coming into the room looking much better than before.

20 minutes later, Bailey and Josiah have been circling the city trying to decide on the perfect place to eat. Neither one knows what they have a taste for but Josiah continues to blame Bailey.