Eight

"A-Aye guard, I-I need to holla at you

"A-Aye guard, I-I need to holla at you." An inmate that goes by the name of Cadillac says to Josiah.

Looking around the jail, Josiah makes sure no one in paying attention then motions for Cadillac to go to his cell. There's normally three people to a cell here because the jail is overcrowded but there's currently five inmates shooting dice in Cadillac's cell. The cells here are already too small for three inmates so having five here is suffocating.

"Everybody get the fuck out!" Josiah snaps, making the cell clear out. "Wassup Cadillac?"

"Man w-what you got? I-I need something." Cadillac stutters, obviously feening for his drug of choice; which happens to be cocaine.

"Nothing today, get back at me another day. It might be a while before I get some more shit."

"NOTHING!!??? Na you got sum! You just holding out on me."

Cadillac wipes his nose and pulls up his pants before charging at Josiah who dodges his attack quickly. He grabs Cadillac by his dreads and slams him onto the hard, marble floor; twisting his arm behind his back.

"This ain't you man. It's the lack of drugs.. you need to calm yo ass down before you do something you'll regret." Josiah whispers close to Cadillac's ear.

"HELP!!! Help!!! I need to report a guard. JoJo be in here giving us dru..." Cadillac screams before closing his eyes. The shock from Josiah's taser, knocking him out cold.

As soon as Josiah gets off Cadillac, two of his coworkers rush into the room in defense mode.

"Everything okay in here,Payne?" One of his coworkers asks, using Josiah's last name.

"Yeah yeah, it's cool. He tried to attack me for no reason so I had to tase him. You know how these drug addicts get up in here."

"Yeah I already know. None of this would be a problem if we could figure out which CO's are sneaking the drugs in. One day somebody gone get hurt or worse, killed over them drugs. Just hope it ain't one of us." The other coworker says as he picks Cadillac up.

While Josiah's coworkers pick Cadillac up to take him to the shoe aka solitary confinement, he leaves the cell and continues watching the inmates. His coworkers words replay in his mind, making him feel bad for being one of the correctional officers that sneaks in drugs. He wants to stop but his brother would never let him, plus the cut that he gets from Gio is pretty good.

"Guard, you got our boy sent to the shoe. We saw what really happened. You betta watch yo back." One of Cadillac's friends says as he walks past Josiah.