Fourteen

"Bailey

"Bailey...Baileyyy, wake up. Your phone has been blowing up." Josiah says while shaking her.

"I don't wanna talk to anyone." She groans loudly.

"I know but you have to. Here take your phone."

Turning over, she takes the phone and answers it without looking at the caller I.D.

"Where are you, young lady? We've been outside your front door since 8:00am and it's almost 10!" Jamal says loudly.

"I'm on my way, daddy. I didn't want to be alone so I slept at a friend's house."

"Hurry up!" He says before hanging up.

"Josiah, can you take me home?" Bailey asks as she wipes her eyes.

"Of course, love. I washed your clothes already and they're in the bathroom. I did the best I could with the blood stains.. I'll step out while you get dressed and breakfast will be waiting on you if you're up to eating."

"Thank you and no food please."

Josiah leaves the room while Bailey goes into the bathroom. She strips out of his clothing and puts her own clothes on, gagging when she thinks about her brother's blood on her. Calming herself down, tears run down her face as she brushes her hair and puts it into a bun.

"Be strong, Bailey. You're going to be okay." She tells herself as she looks into the mirror then wipes her face and grabs her phone before meeting Josiah in the living room. "I'm ready."

Josiah just nods his head and intertwines his fingers with hers as they walk to his car, getting inside. Bailey lets her seat back and closes her eyes, softly smiling when she feels Josiah's hand massaging her thighs.

"Do you need me to come inside?" Josiah asks as he parks the car in front of Bailey's house.

"No, it's fine. I'll text you later."

Before Bailey gets out of the car, Josiah hugs her tightly and rubs her back. "You're going to be okay. I'm here for you beautiful." He says into her ear.

As soon as Bailey gets out of the car, her mom is side eyeing her and her dad has his arms folded. She walks past them and opens the door to her apartment, bucking her eyes when she sees the wine bottle and glasses sitting on the table.

"So you've been drinking?" Her mom asks.

"I'm not up for your crazy questions today. Have y'all talked to the police already?"