Fourty-Five

Josiah's first day of work was as smooth as a first day could go

Josiah's first day of work was as smooth as a first day could go. He didn't really do anything besides be trained on how to work the camera room. By the time he gets off, his feet are killing him which lets him know that he has to get better shoes. As soon as he's in his car, he grabs his phone getting ready to check on Bailey until he notices the voicemail from Hattie. After listening to it, he rushes to the hospital faster than ever before.

"Oh it's you again." The receptionist scoffs.

"Yeah yeah, me again..so what room she in?"

"Sir, I don't know what you're talking about. Who are you looking for? "She" is too broad. I need a first and last name."

Before Josiah can respond, he sees Doctor Bennett and calls his name while jogging over to him.

"Just the man I needed to see. Follow me, I have to discuss some things with you." Doctor Bennett says as he leads Josiah behind the metal doors.

"What's up, doc? What's going on? How is Bailey doing?"

"Well, we've gotten Ms. Miller to a stable condition and we're trying to figure out what caused the seizure. Once she woke up, she told us that someone named Diana has been poisoning her. Do you know anything about that?" Doctor Bennett asks with folded arms.

"Doctor Bennett, I have no idea why she would say those things. She's just going through a lot and is jealous of my friend, Diana, and I's friendship. Just last night, she was telling me that she was upset because I took Diana's side instead of hers about a little situation..It's nothing really."

"Are you absolutely sure that's all it could be? If Ms. Miller is lying about that then she could be in terrible trouble but if she's telling the truth and you're lying, there will be even worse consequences for you. We take foul play very serious here and will always find out about it. She also says she has her memory back. We'll bring her into the room after the tests are finished. In the mean time, you can wait here in this room and think about whether or not, you'll be explaining to me what actually happened."

"Yes doctor, as far as I know there is no foul play happening. If it is, please let me know so that I can take the proper actions against Diana." Josiah says as he walks into the empty room.

Sitting down on the hard couch, Josiah snatches the clean sheet from the bed and wraps it around his body. He starts to think about how Bailey is lying to the doctors just to make Diana look bad. Josiah loves her to death but one thing he won't tolerate is lying. She's too old to be lying because she's jealous.

Hours later, there's a knock on the door and Bailey is in a bed being rolled into the room by two nurses who make sure she's comfortable then silently leave the room.

"Are you okay?" Josiah asks after several moments of silence.

"Yeah, I'm good."

"Bailey, do you have your memory back?"