Thirty-Five

"What the fuck!!! This can't be happening!" Bailey screams as her lights shut off while she's cooking breakfast

"What's going on with the lights, Bae? You made the breaker go off or sum?" Josiah asks, coming into the kitchen with a toothbrush in his mouth.

"No, I've been so busy with my brother's death and stuff that I haven't been paying my bills." Bailey says as she opens the front door and sees an orange slip on it with bold words saying "EVICTION NOTICE"

"What's that, love?"

Josiah takes the paper from Bailey's hands and reads it aloud. It basically says that she has 10 days to move out before the police are called and this is the result of not paying her rent. If she does pay the full amount before the ten days then she can stay on the premises.

"Ugh, I don't have time to deal with this right now. Josiah, we have to go get that money from your house so I can use some of it to pay my rent." Bailey says as she goes to her room and starts getting dressed.

"Baby, I need to tell you something." Josiah says as he walks after her, being ignored as Bailey continues getting dressed. "Bailey, I said I need to tell you something.. listen to me! It's important."

"What? What is so important that it can't wait?"

"When I went to my house yesterday after I left here, the money and some of my expensive shit was gone. I have no idea what happened but I'm thinking it was my cleaning lady or sum." He explains, looking worried.

"Josiah!!! OMG! I needed that! How could you let someone steal it? I can't fucking believe this! What about the notebook that was in it? Is that still at your house?"

"I'm sorry Bae, but that was gone too. The whole bag was gone."

Tears flow from Bailey's eyes as she drops down to her knees, not knowing if she's more pissed over the money or the notebook. She needs the money but the notebook was so much more valuable to her. It would've explained everything about her brother's death in more detail. That was one of the last things he left her and now it's gone, she never even got the chance to read it.

"Get the fuck off me, Jo!" Bailey yells, pushing Josiah away as he tries to pick her up. "I'll just find another way to get money. You can leave now, I don't need your fucking help."

"Bailey, I understand how much that notebook meant to you and I apologize but it's not like I purposely had the money taken. I've already called my cleaning lady and the company she works for, she's vanished already. There's no way to find her without getting the law involved and you of all people know that we can't do that... you do need me and I'm not leaving you. I have the perfect solution."

"You don't understand shit! You'll never understand the feeling of losing your brother and the only thing that would you give you peace about his death! What exactly is your solution huh? How can you possibly fix this, Josiah? Bailey yells loudly, wiping her tears.

"Bailey, you can just move in with me. I'll take care of you and you know that. You mean so much to me and I wouldn't let you be homeless. Let daddy take care of you babygirl."

The wheels in Bailey's mind start spinning from the conflict within. She can't imagine being homeless but she also can't imagine letting a man take care of her. She loves Josiah but moving in with him is a bit much. There's no telling how things will be between them once they're living together. Plus her father would probably be pissed. After thinking for a couple more minutes, she finally answers.

"Fine, I'll move in with you until I get a job and save money to get my own place. It'll be a temporary thing and I don't want you treating me like I'm a burden while I'm there." She sighs, folding her arms.

"I wouldn't do you like that. Thank you for agreeing to live with me. I love you lil mama." Josiah says as he pulls Bailey into his arms and kisses her forehead.

"I love you too. Lets starts packing all my stuff so we can take it to your house."

"Our house." Josiah smiles, licking his lips. "Our house, the place where we'll sleep, eat, shower and most importantly fuck."

"Whatever, just help me pack." Bailey scoffs as she takes the clothes from her closet and starts folding them.

"I'm gone go get you some boxes and I'll be back to help you pack. See you later love."

Josiah hugs Bailey tightly and grips her ass cheeks before leaving the house. She continues to fold her many clothes until her stomach starts to growl. If only the lights were on so she could finish cooking her pancakes, eggs, grits, and sausage. Deciding that she can't keep working with her roaring stomach, she grabs her keys and goes outside to her car.

"Hmm what should I eat?" Bailey says to herself then a smile pops onto her face when she decides to get Wendy's. The only bad part about that is that it's so far from her house. 20 minutes away to be exact, it'll be more like 40 minutes with all of the NOLA traffic.

She blasts her music while driving down the road, making sure she doesn't hit anyone. It's just hard to focus with NBA YoungBoy on the radio. As Bailey looks through her mirror to change lanes, she notices a black van following closely behind her. The hairs on the back of her neck stand up when she thinks about all the women being sex trafficked. She bobs and weaves through the traffic trying to get away from the van but is unsuccessful.

"Josiah! Someone is following me..." Bailey's phone conversation is cut off as the van rams into her car, making it flip multiple times.

Her car piles into other cars which causes the domino effect. She tries to remove her seatbelt but is stuck as the car continues to flip, glass from her windows shattering onto her body; cutting her and making her bleed. The driver's side door is smashed in as she hits her head on the steering wheel, the seatbelt not helping her the way it should and the air bag bursted from a long shard of glass. Bailey screams to the top of her lungs and turns her eyes to the van, catching the face of the driver before everything goes black.

"Denise, I know you love him but you better be careful. He's keeping a secret from you." Jerrico says through the bright, white light that Bailey is seeing.

She can't feel anything on her body and all she sees is her brother. She can't believe this is happening.

"Am I dead?" She says out loud but Jerrico doesn't answer. "D'Michael who? Who are you talking about? What secret?"

She expects an answer but instead her brother's face fades away into the light. She desperately wants to follow him into what she believes is Heaven but for some reason she can't. She can't move.

Bailey is surrounded by darkness once again, not feeling a thing. She can't hear, see, smell, or feel anything. Symptoms of something that she never thought would happen to her. Hell, no one ever thought it could happen to them until it did.