Fifteen

"Run that shit by me again, nigga!!!" Josiah screams at his brother

"I said I found out that Jerrico Miller stole from me so I had somebody take that nigga out. Apparently the lil nigga was bragging bout stealing from me. He got my drugs and money hid somewhere and now I just gotta find it."

"Giovanni, you so fucking stupid!! You don't understand what you did. You took somebody's son, brother, father, boyfriend!! Now his kid gotta grow up without a daddy! You of all people should know how hard that shit is!!"

"I'm not understanding why you so mad about the shit! You didn't even know his thieving ass!!" Gio says as he takes a sip of the scotch in his glass.

Josiah gets up from the couch, snatches Gio's glass and throws it into the wall, making it smash into multiple pieces. Gio gets in his brother's face and they both start shoving each other until Josiah punches him in the face, knocking him over. Getting on top of him, Josiah continues to punch Giovanni repeatedly until his knuckles are covered in blood.

"I'm mad because he was Bailey's brother!!! Now she's fucked up and losing people one by one!!" Josiah screams as he continues whooping Giovanni's ass until he knocks him out cold.

A couple minutes later, there's a knock on the door followed by Bailey's sweet voice.

"Umm the door is unlocked so I'm coming in now." She says before the door opens, her eyes bucking when she sees Josiah on top of his unconscious brother whose face is bloody and bruised. "Omg Josiah, what's going on? Who is that?"

Josiah gets off his brother and goes into the kitchen, filling a deep pot of cold water then dropping it on his brother who jumps awake; hissing in pain.

"Gio, get out!!" Josiah yells, helping him up.

"This ain't over, nigga!!" Giovanni screams on his way out of the door. "Damn I see why you so crazy over this fine ass piece of pussy." He says while looking Bailey up and down.

Josiah starts chasing after him but Bailey stands in front of him then shuts the door when Giovanni leaves.

"Josiah, what is going on?" Bailey asks with folded arms.

"Nothing. That was my brother, Giovanni. We got into a little disagreement then fought. It's all good, I promise." He says, walking over and pulling Bailey into a hug.

"I know you're lying but I'm sure you'll tell me about it when you're ready. Do you have a first aid kit? I'll help with your knuckles."

"Yeah, follow me."

Josiah leads Bailey into the bathroom and gives her the first aid kit. As she's holding his knuckles under the water, he watches how attentive she is and smiles. He can't believe she doesn't know just how beautiful and special she is but he'll make sure she figures it out.