Fifty-Two

"Good morning beautiful, you ready to do this shit?" Kade asks with a bright smile and wet lips

"Good morning, I-I don't know." Bailey says, peeking her head through the curtains and seeing older men; holding drinks and money in their hands.

"Well you better figure it out. What would make this process more smooth for you?"

"I'd like it if someone could teach me how to use the pole." She shrugs, fiddling with the buttons on her jacket.

"Don't worry about the pole right now. I'll pay for your pole dancing classes soon. I just need to see if you can dance or not." Kade laughs as he takes a pull from the brown cigar between his lips, blowing out thick grey smoke.

The men outside sit facing the stage scream and demand to see a stripper which makes Kade laugh even more while Bailey fights the urge to shit herself from the nervousness.

"Bailey, we don't got all day. You either go out there or go home but I can't baby you. You're wasting time that I don't have...Make a decision now. You going out there or not?"

Thinking about how much Bailey needs to get away from Josiah and be independent, she makes a decision and starts taking off her jacket; showing her leopard print leotard and sparkly fish nets.

"SHIT." Kade says as his eyes travel over her body, landing on her face. "You look damn good, now go show me what you got. I'll be sitting at the back. If you really impress me, I might just raise your salary a bit."

Nodding her head, Bailey inhales and exhales deeply then shakes her nerves out. She closes her eyes then opens them as she struts up to the stage, awkwardly staring at the now quiet old men. She begins to think negative thoughts about herself and her body until the men erupt with loud cheers. "Come on baby!! Show us what you got!!" One of the men yells before whistling. Bailey looks back toward the place where Kade is sitting and he mouths the words, "keep your eyes on me. You got this." then signals for the music to play which happens to be Houstalantavegas By Drake.