Fourty- Four

"Baby please, please wake up!! Don't die on me!" Josiah says, his voice fading in and out

Bailey's eyes are heavier than they've ever been in her life but she manages to open them; knowing it was nothing but God.

"I-I I'm o-okay." She croaks out, holding her dry throat.

"Bailey, what happened? When I got here you were passed out on the couch and I couldn't get you to wake up!!"

"I don't remember. I just remember being so sleepy that I couldn't keep my eyes open. Please stop yelling, my head is about to explode."

"FUCK!!! That's why Diana was supposed to be here! I'll be back, I have to go call her." Josiah yells again, storming into the bedroom.

While Josiah yells loudly on the phone, Bailey tries to get up from the couch but everything is moving in slow motion. Blinking her eyes, she starts to get dizzy and the room is now spinning like a washing machine which makes her queasy. Not being able to get up, she vomits all over the floor; holding her stomach from the pain.

"Oh shit, ew.. I mean, you okay baby?" Josiah says when he sees the floor. "Uhh I'll get the mop... good thing I got hard wood huh?" He laughs a bit.

He cleans the floor then helps Bailey up and into the bath, stripping her out of her clothes and running her a warm bath.

"Don't you think we should talk about why this is happening to you?" Josiah asks, washing her body with the soap and towel.

"What are you talking about? I don't know why it's happening. I just don't feel well."

"Bailey, be real with me. You can tell me the truth because Diana already has. She told me you got so sloppy drunk that she had to bring you here because you couldn't even walk straight."

"I'm not drunk! I mean I did drink mimosas but that's it so I shouldn't be feeling like this. I'm so weak, sick, and tired. It's something else wrong but I don't know what it is." Bailey sighs loudly.

"You're just hungover! I don't even know why you'd ruin your day with Diana by drinking that much! Plus you're on medicine so that's probably why you feel that way. You are not supposed to drink while taking the medications that's you're on. That's so dangerous. Bailey, you could've killed yourself."

"Josiah, I'm sick as a fucking dog and the only thing you really care about is me ruining my day with Diana!? What kind of shit is that? You know what, just help me out of this water so I can get into bed. You're out of your fucking mind."

Bailey snatches the towel from Josiah and rinses herself off then allows him to help her out of the tub. After drying her body, she slips on one of Josiah's t-shirts and calls Zeus to bed; watching Josiah try to get into bed with them until she stops him.

"Oh no sir, the couch." Bailey says pointing into the living room.

"Man, this is my house! I'm not getting on the fucking couch. I gotta get good sleep for work in the morning. By the way, Diana gone be over here to check on you. I'm also gonna tell my grandma to bring you some soup and other foods to make you feel better."

"Fine, I guess I'll get on the couch and I don't need anyone to check on me! Especially not Diana since you're taking her side over mine!"

As Bailey is gathering pillows and blankets to carry to the living room, Josiah takes them from her with a defeated look on his face. "Stay in the bed, Bailey. I'll get on the couch."

Bailey doesn't say a word, she just gets comfortable in the bed and closes her eyes. She's pissed at the fact that Josiah was worried about her and Diana's day being ruined more than anything else. She was drunk but not enough to be feeling this bad but of course he takes Diana's word over hers.

**********

"Wake upppp." Diana says loudly into Bailey's ear.

"Mmm what??" She asks, rolling over and opening her eyes. "Diana, what are you doing here? What time is it?"

"I'm here to make you breakfast and it's 11:15! Josiah let me in before he left. You have to take your pills at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You were going to sleep through breakfast so I woke you."

"Yeah okay, I'll be out there in a bit. I'm feeling a little queasy." Bailey groans, trying to lift herself up.

"Oh yeah, Josiah told me how sick you were. You just need to rest in bed. I'll bring the breakfast to you... I think some warm coffee or tea will make you feel better. Which one do you prefer?"

"Tea please. Also can you feed Zeus?"

"Already done." Diana smiles then disappears from the room.

After struggling hardly, Bailey finally gathers up the strength to lift herself up and rest on the pillows. She grabs the remote and starts to watch the television until her stomach starts to hurt, making her groan loudly.

"God, I don't know what's happening to me but please make it stop. Whatever is happening, reveal to me what it is. I can't figure this out without you." She prays while rubbing her stomach in circular motions.

Moments later, Diana returns with sausage links, cinnamon oatmeal with granola, apple slices, French toast, and hot tea. The food smells delicious but Bailey won't let her know that because she's still salty about Josiah taking her side.

"Thank you Diana, can you fix me a bag filled with paper towels incase I have to vomit?"

"No problem and sure. Oh, I put your pills in that little plastic cup on the tray."

While Bailey eats the food, Diana puts the paper towel filled bag into a small empty garbage can and sits it on the nightstand so that Bailey can reach it if she needs it. The warm tea starts to feel good going down until Bailey feels an itch in her throat. She ignores it and continues drinking it until she starts  coughing hardly. Grabbing a piece of paper towel from the tray, she coughs into it and sees specs of blood.

"D-D D-iana.. h-help." Bailey wheezes before her body starts to violently shake.

The glass mug of tea falls onto the floor cracking into pieces. There's multiple knocks and Hattie's voice at the door yelling, "Open this door!!! I have too much shit in my hands."

Almost seconds later, Hattie bursts into the house and Diana runs out like someone is chasing her, dropping a small clear bottle filled with a powered substance that Hattie puts into her pocket.

"Get back here!!" Hattie yells at Diana until she sees Bailey. "Oh God! No Bailey!"

She pulls out her phone and calls 911, telling them all of the information they need to know. After the paramedics help Bailey and Hattie into the ambulance, they arrive at the hospital where Bailey is taken into the back while Hattie calls Josiah.

"Hey baby, I know you're at work but you need to get to the hospital fast. Bailey had a seizure and blacked out." She sobs to his voicemail and hangs up the phone.