Forty

After being kissed by the handsome stranger, Bailey wonders who he is

After being kissed by the handsome stranger, Bailey wonders who he is. His endearing words were nice but she has no idea why he's saying them to her. Is he her boyfriend, fiancé, husband?? She has no clue..She has a pounding headache and it's too hard for her to think right now. Her body is in pain and her throat is drier than the Sahara Desert.

"Bailey, what did you say? Aye Doc, what's wrong with her? What the hell going on?" The man asks, offended by her words.

"W-who are you? I have no idea who you are." She says panicking, slowly trying to sit up.

"Mr. Payne, I understand that you are hurt by her words but please allow me to check on her. She's been through a lot and seems to have forgotten who you are." Doctor Bennett says and uses his light to look into Bailey's eyes. "Okay, Bailey.. I'm Doctor Bennett and I'm just going to ask you a few questions to check your memory."

"What is this?" The doctor asks, pointing at his watch.

"A watch."

"And this?" He asks, holding up a pen.

"A pen."

"Okay Bailey, that's good. You're here with me today..where?"

"The hospital." Bailey says slowly.

"Who is this man? And him?" Doctor Bennett asks while pointing to Jamal and Josiah.

"That's my dad, Jamal, and I don't know him."

"You've got to be kidding me right now! How does she not know me but knows the answer to all of the questions you've asked her??.. Come on now baby, it's me Josiah! Your boyfriend." Josiah scoffs, rubbing his temples.

"We're going to get her a CT scan immediately just to make sure her brain is okay. She'll be back soon. NURSES, lets get on that right now!" Doctor Bennett yells outside the door.

Moments later, Bailey is taken into a room where the CT scan is performed on her brain. Once she's finished, they return her to her room so that Doctor Bennett can explain the results to her and her family.

"Bailey, your CT scan shows that your brain is perfectly fine. You're just having short term memory loss that will return as time goes on. Your long term memory is still there so I'd suggest you go on with your normal routine. You've healed enough to go home and I'll give you something for the pain. As for your memory, it's just a waiting game. There's nothing we can do to help with that. I'd suggest that you don't try to think too hard because it may cause you to have headaches. Just take it easy and everything will be normal again. Mr. Miller, you can take your daughter home as soon as I give her one last checkup and get her discharge papers." Doctor Bennett explains, showing Bailey the picture from her CT scan.

"Okay, thank you so much. I was wondering how did I end up here? How long have I been here? I can't really remember much. The last thing I remember is driving to Wendy's."