Ten

The whole time Josiah was at work, inmates came up to him begging for drugs ,and he couldn't focus much because his phone kept vibrating

The whole time Josiah was at work, inmates came up to him begging for drugs ,and he couldn't focus much because his phone kept vibrating. He also couldn't stop thinking about Bailey and their talk last night. Unlike KoKo, she actually listened to him and could hold an intellectual conversation. Once Josiah clocks out and gets into his car, his phone vibrates for the 13th time and once again it's Giovanni.

"Goddamn G, you know I've been at work. Why you keep calling me?"

"It's Granny, she fell and she's at the hospital. I'm sending you the location now." Gio says before hanging up.

Clicking the location, Josiah starts speeding to the hospital; only slowing down when a police car gets behind him with the lights on.

"Shit, not this too!!" He yells and slams his hand on the steering wheel.

Josiah pulls his wallet out of the arm rest and gets his license then gets his insurance from the glove compartment box; a blunt falling out in the process. He hurriedly rolls it under the passenger's seat and acts normal.

"Hello sir, do you know how f... JoJo, what the hell you doing? I should've know it was you in this orange ass car." Officer Mack smiles, shaking Josiah's hand.

"Aye get off my car and I'm tryna get to the hospital. My grandma fell and I need to make sure she's okay."

"Well turn ya emergency lights on so you work get pulled over again. I hope she's alright. Be easy."

Officer Mack returns back to his car so Josiah does as he told him and starts back driving to the hospital. Josiah lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding and is grateful that it was Mack that pulled him over. Him and Mack used to chill when they were younger until Josiah's grandma found out that Mack was gay. Since she's through the roof religious, she made sure to keep her grandsons away from him so they wouldn't get any "sinful"'ideas. Making it to the hospital, Josiah parks his car and calls Giovanni.

"Aye bruh, I'm walking in now. Come down and get me."

By the time Josiah pushes past the crowded waiting room, he's faced to face with his brother Giovanni who has tears in his eyes.