Thirty-Seven

After lying to Bailey's father about why he needed Bailey's spare key, Josiah leads the movers that he hired into her house

After lying to Bailey's father about why he needed Bailey's spare key, Josiah leads the movers that he hired into her house. He already packed all of her things earlier that day before the movers arrived.

"Aye y'all be careful with my lady's stuff! If I hear anything break, thats y'alls asses." Josiah says as he watches the men carefully.

The two men move all of Bailey's items into the back of their truck and wait for Josiah to get into his car. They trail him to his house and he lets them inside.

"Where do you want the boxes?" One of the men asks.

"Just put them down here. I'll do the rest." He says, pointing to the living room floor.

Josiah pays the movers then starts unpacking Bailey's things, putting everything where it should go. By the time he's finished, he's hot and sweating bullets so he takes a long shower then gets dressed in a blue jogging suit and grey men's Uggs. He starts to think about ways to cheer Bailey up when she wakes up and decides that they need a pet. Once he starts looking for jobs, he's almost sure that she'll be lonely here alone so a pet will keep her company. He's definitely not going to let her work after this, no matter how hard she'll beg to be independent.

Getting into his car, he finds the directions to the nearest pet store and drives their immediately. As soon as he steps inside, he's greeted by a short, petite brown skin woman with dimples and a beautiful natural afro that has been dyed a bright burgundy color. She has a beauty mark above her upper lip and full pink lips that fit her face nicely.

"Hello, I'm Diana.. how can I help you handsome?" She smiles, showing her pink braces.

"Wassup.. I'm looking for a puppy. Y'all got something small that don't grow too big?" Josiah asks, looking around.

"We actually sold our last small puppy earlier this morning but lucky for you, I happen to be a breeder. My ex and I breed Yorkies and we have two left to sell. One boy and one girl but if you aren't trying to drop some cash then I suggest you pick up a stray from the streets."

"I don't care how much it cost. I need that puppy.. I want the boy."

"Ouuu big money, just my type. Since it's against store policy to promote your own animals and sell them, we'll have to do business at my house later tonight when I get off. Let me see your phone and I'll put my number in." Diana tells him, extending her hand to take his phone.

Josiah will do anything to get Bailey this puppy even if it means doing "under the rug" business. He gives Diana his phone then lets her show him everything he has to buy for the puppy. After paying for everything, Josiah starts driving to the hospital; playing Ghetto Angels by NoCap.

"Nobody really know how he feels
I always thought that you would be here
Why do I always question God, but I never pray?
I think about you, I end up cryin' on my best days." Josiah sings loudly, bobbing his head side to side.