Ecclesia Part 1 Chapter 22

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"If someone wanted to kill my husband, don't you think they'd find a better way than a razor in a piece of candy he might eat?" She hisses, face red with indignation, voice crackling.

Belle steps forward, grabbing the wife's arm as she soothed her, the boys making an exit and the younger following after she reassured that if they turned up any leads, she would be the first to know.

***time skip***

Back at the motel, Belle sat legs crossed on the table, Jaibrian stood behind her and Sam sat on the ugly green couch. They looked over the hex bag materials, the young huntress' head buried in a book, whilst her uncle inspected what looked to be a bone fragment. His laptop shone beside her and old coffee cups were strewn around the trio. Dean loudly enters the room, his keys carelessly tossed on a small round table as he waltzed over. Unwrapping a piece of candy, while simultaneously chewing on one he had already stuffed in his mouth, he made his way over, glaring at the angel stood vigil behind his daughter, who only glared back.

Sam looked over exasperated as he sighed, "Hah, really? After that guy choked down all those razor blades?"

"It Halloween man." He states, stuffing it in his mouth and dropping one in the palm of his daughter's hand. Before she could open it, Jaibrian grabbed it, inspecting it and then carefully unwrapping it, looking it over and handing it back to the huntress, who rolled her eyes and popped it in her mouth, scrunching her nose playfully at her friend and returning to her reading, missing the fondness settling over the angel's face.

Sam ignores the two, his eyes on his brother, "Yeah, for us every day is Halloween." Dean sits next to him, rolling his eyes.

"Don't be a downer." He scowls, "Anything interesting?"

Sam shares a look with his niece as he turns his attention to the items scattered around the table, "Well, we're on a witch hunt, that's for sure, but this isn't your typical hex bag."

Dean looks at the items quickly, the to his daughter, "Hmm, No?"

Belle shakes her head, picking up a dried curly flower, "Goldthread, or Coptis Groenlandicum," She explains watching it, "an herb that's been extinct for two hundred years."

Sam continues on, "And this," He adds, picking up the silver coin, "is Celtic, and I don't mean some new age knock-off. Jay said it was like the real deal, like 600 years old real." Her father scrunched his nose picking up the bone Sam had inspected earlier.

"And that is the is the charred metacarpal bone of a newborn human," Jaibian says amusedly, eyebrow raised with mirth as he sets it down disgustedly.

Dean makes a noise, "Ugh, gross."

"Relax man, it's like, at least a hundred years old," Sam informs him, picking it back up.

Her father didn't care, shaking his body as if to shake it off, "Oh, right, like that makes it better? Witches, man, they're so friggin' skeevy."

Belle snorts, picking up the discarded silver coin and rolling it around on her fingers as her father hoists himself off the sofa arm, pulling a chair over and sitting down. "Yeah, well it takes a pretty powerful one to put a bag like this together. More juice than we've ever dealt with, that's for sure. What about you? Find anything on the victim?" Sam questions as Jaibrian follows Dean's lead pulling the other discarded chair up to sit next to Belle, allowing the huntress to recline against her.

"This Luke Wallace? He was so vanilla that he made vanilla seem spicy." Dean groaned, giving the two "teenagers" a disgusted look, Jay meets his eyes smugly. Ignoring Sam's disappointed scoff her father continued, I can't find any reason why somebody would want this guy dead."