Wonder-ful 4x18

Everything has been going well for a while.... I moved in with Finn, Brittany's touring MIT which is AMAZING.

This week marks my second to last week with New Directions. I've decided to focus on getting my teaching degree so I can actually come back and get paid for what I'm doing now. I've been taking online classes instead of going to the actual University of Lima because it's more convenient for the working woman. I'll be getting my degree in 9 months if I play my cards right. Due to the fact that these classes are at my own pace so I can do as many lessons at anytime. If I speed through the course, the sooner I'll be able to get a real teaching job at McKinley.

The alarm keeps ringing and I stop thinking about the future for a split second, as the ringing takes me out of my trance.

Finn moans and rolls over, taking the pillow and putting it over his head. Trying to block out the ringing.

"Come on, it's my second to last week!" I say to Finn, climbing out of the bed and hitting the snooze button on the machine.

"Ughh" Finn says, pulling all the blankets to his side of the mattress.

I walk over to the dresser, pulling out the bottom drawer to get a pair of jeans out and then going over to the closet to pick out a cozy sweater for the chilly day outside.

"Come on" I say, feeling like a broken record. "I don't wanna be late Finn"

I quickly change into my clothes and Finn finally gets out of bed. We brush our teeth, I do my make up, and our usual morning rituals, then get in the car to go to our old high school.

Finn drives the Corolla and we pull into a parking spot in the McKinley lot.

When I climb out of the car I see Finn's groggy eyes.

"Why are you so sleepy?" I shove his shoulder a little.

"God hates me" Finn looks up at the sky, causing me to laugh a little.

Finn and I get to the choir room to see Mr. Schue's back facing towards us.

He turns around and his eyes are all red and swollen.

Finn raises his eyebrows at me and I shake my head.

No Finn, he's not high.

"What's the matter?" I ask.

"Nothing, I'm just so happy. Rachel got a callback for Funny Girl" Mr. Schue beams. "She just called me and I can't believe that I coached someone who's got a Broadway callback!" 

"That's-" I say, remembering that I basically am nothing compared to the Rachel Berry. "that's great, I'm happy for her." I choke out the words that compliment my former high school rival. "I haven't seen her in so long. I'm glad everything's going so well for her"

"Last I heard, she was back with Jesse St James" Finn laughs.

"I mean, they're basically the same person if you think about it. Seems like a match made in heaven" I laugh, remembering Sophomore year and the whole Hello lesson and Madonna week.

"Everything's just working out finally it feels like" Mr. Schue smiles. "I'm back at the place I love, Rachel might be on Broadway, you're getting your degree. Brittany, Brittany is literally touring MIT as we speak! God." Mr. Schue smiles. "I'm the luckiest teacher in the world that I get to witness everyone who's come through that door's success" He points to the wooden door next to the piano.

"It is pretty cool" Finn shrugs.

"Isn't Tina waitlisted at Brown?" I bring up, hearing it from the grapevine of teenagers I hang out with every. single. day.