The Rhodes Not Taken 1x05

"A singer in a smokey room." Finn sings.

"The smell of wine and cheap perfume." The person least expected to have the Don't Stop solo, Quinn. I mean without Rachel, we need someone to take her solo.

About 20 seconds into the song, Quinn puts her hand to her mouth and runs out of the room.

"We need Rachel back." Kurt says to Mr. Schuester. "She's our only chance at winning Sectionals."

"I know, I know." Mr. Schue tries to calm everyone down. "I know Rachel was a big part of Glee but she's gone. You guys can't look back if you wanna win." He tries to be positive.

"Hey, Mr. Schue," Finn walks up to Schue and whispers to him. I'm sure it's about Quinn.

"Hey Tina?" Mr. Schue gets Tina's attention. "I want to give you some of Quinn's verses for Don't Stop. Sound good?"

"Ye-yea s-s-sounds great!" She's excited to be in the spotlight.

The bell rings and me and Finn walk out together.

"I'm Worried about Quinn, I mean she can't do all her dancing." Finn says to me.

"Yea I know, I think she'll be ok though." I try to comfort him.

I go to my classes and meet up with Finn later.

"We need to get Rachel back." He says determinedly.

"I mean, there's not much we could do." I say.

"Well I mean, she does have a crush on me so I could kinda use that." I give him a face that says WHAT!? "No, no not use her but like kinda sorta use it to get her back into the club."

"Alright but I don't want to be apart of it." I say and he nods.

Later, Mr. Schue brings in this older lady who he used to have a crush on.

"This is April Rhodes." he introduced her to us.

"Ok? What's she doing here?" I ask.

"She's here to replace Rachel."

"But Mr. Schue, she's old." Mercedes says.

"Yea but she's as great of a singer as Rachel, show 'em what you got April."

April sang Maybe This Time from Cabaret. I mean, I have to say she did a terrific job.

We all clap for her. She takes a bow and we get up and start doing our warm ups.

Throughout the day, I hear some stories about April giving porno mags and alcohol to Kurt, she taught Mercedes and Tina how to steal things by stuffing them between her legs, then she showered with some of the football team.

I'm in the choir room and Finn walks in with Rachel.

"Hi Rachel!" I say glad to see her back in what used to be her natural habitat.

"Hey Jess." She says, "I've missed this room so much." She looks around taking it all in.

"We're gonna read lines, want to help?" Finn asks me. I nod my head yes.

Soon we get into running lines and unexpectedly, Finn asks Rachel to go bowling. like excuse me sir, you HAVE A PREGNANT GIRLFRIEND BRUH. she of course agrees because why would she pass up this opportunity to hang out with the guy she's in love with? soon, Mr schue and April come in asking to use the room to practice Don't Stop.

"ok let's do some warm ups" schue says to us.
"alright, it was nice seeing you all." rachel says sadly as she bows out of the room
"nice to see you too rachel." schue gives her a kind smile.
"oh so that's rachel!" april says. we all nod our heads
i see rachel as she looks in from the door on the outside. obviously sad she's not part of her special something anymore
the next day at school is eventful
apparently kurt showed up drunk and threw up on ms pillsbury. i've also heard that Sandy is being brutal to Rachel because he 'secretly' wants to be the lead of the play. over the weekend i stayed home and just did homework. apparently finn kissed rachel to get her to join glee again. wow.