Hell-O 1x14

"Hi Jess

"Hi Jess." *Nudge*

"Jess, come on wake up." another nudge at my leg.

Finally I open my eyes and see a blurry figure that resembles Finn. I sit up.

"Woah woah. Slowly" Finn smiles and puts his hand on my back as I sit up.

"Wha-where am I? Why am I at the nurse?"

"You fainted and hit your head." Finn puts an ice pack on my head. "You need to keep that on there."

"Your mom's on the way over." He says gently.

"Okay." I whisper.

"You'll be okay." Finn kisses my forehead.

"My- my dad died." I blurt out.

"Oh my god. so that's why you-" He doesn't finish his sentence.

"He got shot at work on a police chase because he forgot his vest."

I see my mom walk into the office and make her way over to me. "Hi hun" She looks at me. "Let's go home. Sound good?" I nod in response. "I'll take you through McDonald's for lunch."

She and Finn helps me into a wheel chair and Finn wheels me out to the car. He picks me up bridal style and puts me in the front seat and buckles me up.

"Feel better." He kisses my cheek and shuts the passenger seat door.

The next few days flew by insanely fast. I feel horrible for not answering the phone call the first time.

A few of my friends came to the wake, Finn, Brittany, Santana, and Quinn. I thanked them for coming but I felt like they were coming out of pity.

The funeral was nice, lots of flowers. The flowers are all in our house now and I have to say it smells very nice. No, but the funeral was the saddest thing I've ever gone through in my life. It was just for family and close friends. I felt especially bad for my mom since this was her high school sweetheart. They went to McKinley together and everything and now I go there and I'm scared mom will start to get mad dropping me off or whatever.

Today's my first day back after a few days off. I'm excited to see everyone in glee. But I also am sick and tired of people telling me how 'sorry' they are for me and shit. They don't give a crap. I'm the new girl. No one knew my dad and half these people who are saying this to me don't even know me. They just see me and know me from Cheerio's and glee club.

I walk through the doors and try to just get to the choir room. I just want to sit in there all day. My safe space.

As I walk through the halls leading to the choir room, I see Rachel and Finn at his locker. She hands him this weird creepy calendar with all their dates on it. Oh, nice. Finn and Rachel are dating. Cool.

I get to the choir room finally and I leave the lights off but I lock the door. I sit down in my usual chair and just cry. I roll myself up in a ball until I have the energy to walk to the piano.