Wheels 1x09

I wake up to my alarm clock ringing in my ear. I open my eyes and I see the red numbers staring at me. 4:30 AM.

It takes a few times to get up but I finally get out of bed. I pull out my usual school attire, my cheerio's uniform and tight high pony. I put some light makeup on and slip on my white Vans. I then brush my teeth and run out the door to snag the front seat of mom's car.

I've been feeling pretty down recently, I think the whole Finn and Quinn thing is getting to me finally. I knew it was gonna come eventually, just didn't know it would be now.

Mom pulls up to school and as I get out I feel warmness on my forearm.

"You ok?" Mom asks me.

"Yea why?" I play dumb.

"Uh, um, no reason." Mom knows something's up, "I'll talk to you after school. Text me if anything changes."

With that I shut the door and walk into school. I'm about 45 minutes early for first period, but I like it this way so I can hang out in the abandoned choir room and sing.

Just as I suspected, the choir room's lights were off and the door is unlocked, just like everyday. I walk inside cautiously. Making sure no one is in there hooking up or something. I keep the lights off, for mellowness, and walk over to where the band usually stands. I pick up an acoustic and sit down on a stool in front of the risers. I pretend that Finn's sitting in his usual chair and I'm singing to him.

That Arizona sky burning in your eyes
You look at me and, babe, I wanna catch on fire
It's buried in my soul like California gold
You found the light in me that I couldn't find

So when I'm all choked up
But I can't find the words
Every time we say goodbye
Baby, it hurts
When the sun goes down
And the band won't play
I'll always remember us this way

Lovers in the night
Poets trying to write
We don't know how to rhyme
But, damn, we try
But all I really know
You're where I wanna go
The part of me that's you will never die

So when I'm all choked up
But I can't find the words
Every time we say goodbye
Baby, it hurts
When the sun goes down
And the band won't play
I'll always remember us this way

Oh, yeah
I don't wanna be just a memory, baby, yeahWhen I'm all choked up
But I can't find the words
Every time we say goodbye
Baby, it hurts
When the sun goes down
And the band won't play
I'll always remember us this way, oh, yeah

When you look at me
And the whole world fades
I'll always remember us this way

I sing the song that describes how I feel. I think I love Finn, but I can't. I catch myself and put the guitar down quickly. Thinking of other things to distract myself so I don't cry.

I get startled by the door opening and lights turning on.

"Oh, hey Jessie. I knew that voice sounded familiar."

Well, I was singing for you.

"Ha, yea it was me." I blush, tucking a piece of my light brown hair behind my ear.

"Your voice is beautiful, I like the feeling of familiarity it gives me." Finn half smiles at me. "I had no idea you played though." He says pointing to the collection of guitars in the corner of the room.

"Yea, I do. Kinda a secret super power." I smile confidently.

"Would you wanna share your super power sometime?" He asks me. "Like, with me?"

"I'll add you to my list of clients then, Mr. Hudson." I kid him.

Then, a jingle of the door knob is heard.