Sweet Dreams 4x16

Start from the beginning

"Just fine, I'm going out to breakfast but I'll be back, tell mum for me okay?"

"Will do, sweetheart" He smiles and I wave goodbye to my long lost best friend.

Something in me jolts. 

I open my eyes and see the ceiling, meaning I'm lying down. I look around and see that there are multiple IV's poking me through my body. There's something I can feel on my upper lip.

"You're awake" I hear a familiar voice say and there's a feeling of touch, radiating off my hand.

"Hi" I croak, I look over and see Finn sitting beside me, holding my hand. I attempt to smile, with the little strength I have in my body.

"Sh, don't say anything" Finn's hand brushes my hair. "You're probably confused huh?"

I nod gently, agreeing that I have no idea what's going on.

Finn points to a part of my stomach and I look down to see that there's blood all over that spot on my hospital gown.

"So, you were out in the hallway when the whole gun thing was going on the other day. And Becky, who had the gun which she accidentally set off the first two times, had escaped from Sue's office where the gun shots originally came from. She had the gun in her hand still, and was startled by you so she dropped the gun and it shot you in your lower abdomen." Finn explains to me and I can sort of understand. "So, you had internal bleeding and went under for surgery. Now we just gotta get you fixed up and you'll be as good as new!" Finn smiles.

I pat the side of my bed for Finn to come in and lay with me.

He puts his arms around my waist, causing me to wince with pain.

"Sorry sorry" He says, freaking out that he just touched the tender spot that a bullet ran through. "You okay? Want me to get the nurse?"

"I'm okay"

The next few days turn into weeks, and I'm still in the hospital. 

At about 3 weeks, my nurse walks in with a bright smile on her face.

"Guess what Jessie! We're gonna go for a walk today!" She smiles, unchaining me from my oxygen. "You've done so well, that we're gonna be ready to send you home very soon, like in 3 days. But first, I'm gonna take you for your very first walk!"

The nurse leads me out of bed, holding onto me as I clench my hands into her arms, supporting myself as I remember how to walk.

Another nurse comes in to help with the IV stand, which I'm still attached to.

We walk out in the hallway, one nurse helping me walk, the other nurse pulling the IV stand as I walk to keep up with me.

"You're doing great Jess!" The nurse smiles as I walk in my socks and gown.

"You bet she is" I hear Finn's voice from behind us. I turn around and see my boyfriend with a vase of flowers, leading a group of high schoolers that are part of a glee club that's near and dear to my heart.

I see Marley carrying a large teddy bear in her arms. When she moves out of the way I see another figure that I haven't seen in a long time, longer than 3 weeks.

"Oh my god, Mr. Schue!?" I practically scream and the nurses are laughing at how giddy I am to see my old teacher.

"Hi Jessie" He smiles as he runs up towards me, instead of making me speed walk up to him or wait for him to get to me.

He hugs me gently as I let go of one of the nurses.

"I came as soon as I could. I'm so glad you're okay" He kisses my head. "I'm so sorry this happened Jess" He hugs me, making sure to watch out for my wound.

"I'm so happy to see you" I say, starting to cry probably due to the fact I've been locked away in the hospital for so long and being put on millions of pain killers that are making me go pretty much insane.

I tell the nurse to head back to my hospital room, where we fit everyone in.

"So, this is my MTV crib" I say, before I lay down in my bed, earning a few chuckles from the group. "This is my personal flat screen TV" I point as I lie down, Finn coming into my bed as well, gently wrapping his arm around me.

"we all miss you so much" Marley says, before she presents me with the jumbo teddy bear in her hands.

Finn takes it and puts it to the side of him.

"I miss you guys so much too. I can't wait to come back" I say, looking at all the kids smiling faces.

After a half an hour visit, the glee kids leave. Making Mr. Schue and Finn my only visitors.

"So, how was the honeymoon? Where'd you guys end up going?" I ask, shifting over in my bed as Finn lay back down next to me.

"We were gonna go to Costa Rica but Emma said she'd be dead since she's a ginger, so we decided on going to Disney World funny enough" Mr. Schue chuckles.

"That's like my dream to go to Disney on my honeymoon" I laugh, causing Finn to look at me funny. "What? It's like every little girls dream to be a princess, that's the closest I can get" I shrug.

The nurse walks in with a paper in her hand.

"You're lookin' good for a discharge tomorrow" She says enthusiastically. 

"Wooooo" I cheer, giving Finn and Mr. Schue a high five. "I'm definitely getting my strength back" I say, showing off my guns making Finn laugh.

"You tell 'em hun" He says still chuckling at me showing off my muscles.

"I think our patient needs some rest" The nurse says before putting a blanket over Finn and I.

"I'll see you soon Mr. Schue, I promise" I kiss Mr. Schue goodbye and watch him walk out the door, leaving Finn and I to go to sleep together in the dark hospital room.

"Sweet dreams" Finn says in my ear, and then I fall fast asleep, ready to go home the next morning.