"Nah you betta watch yo back nigga. I'm big dog round here and you know I'll bust yo ass."

Although Josiah's words sounded cocky, it was the truth. He was big dog at the jail, meaning the inmates feared him, his coworkers looked to him for leadership, and he got away with things that most correctional officers couldn't.

"Brown, cover my spot. I'm taking a smoke break." Josiah calls out before making his way back to the front of the jail.

Most of the COs had to get patted down before coming into the jail or going out but since the lady at the front has a crush on him, she lets him through without any hassle.

"Where you going, Payne?" She asks him, batting her eyelashes.

"Smoke break."

Guard Cole presses a button that makes a loud buzzing noise, causing the bulletproof glass door to open slowly. Josiah walks through the door and flashes her a smile to make her think he's interested when he wouldn't dare be seen with the Whoopi Goldberg look alike.

"Fuck!!!!" Josiah screams loudly once he's inside his car, hitting his hands on the steering wheel; not being able to get over the fact that he's ruining the already fucked up lives of the inmates.

They have enough going on and here he is, giving them drugs to help them cope.

Pulling out an already rolled blunt from his glove compartment, he lights it up and starts inhaling deeply while resting his head on the seat. He's thankful for his dark tint or else he'd definitely get caught smoking and lose his job. After calming himself down with the weed, he looks at his phone and sees a text message from Bailey.

Bailey: I guess you can take me out tonight. I don't wanna go nowhere too crazy.

Josiah: what made you change your mind? 🧐

Bailey: look do you wanna take me out or not? I need an answer and hurry up because Bible class is starting soon.

Josiah: yeah lil baby, I'll take you out. I wanna take you to this lil chill spot. I can't believe yo mean ass letting me take you on a date.

Bailey: that's fine but it's not a date.

Josiah: well shit if it's not a date then we going to the strip club. Same one that Kim work at.

Bailey: Do I look like the type of girl that wanna go to a strip club? Did you not just see my message about me being at Bible study? 🤨

Josiah: I take my homegirls to strip clubs. You said we ain't going on a date so ima consider you my homegirl... we going to the strip club. I'll text you when I'm on the way.

Bailey: I'm not ya homegirl either but alright, strip club it is.

Josiah already knows it's something up with Bailey because there's no way in hell her hard ass would be giving in this soon. Until he figures out what has got her switching up, he's going to treat her like his homegirl because he doesn't need any snakes in his circle.

Many hours and a long shift later, it's time for Josiah and his shift mates to clock out. They practically run out of there all for different reasons, Josiah's being Bailey. Once he drives back to his house, he immediately takes off his uniform and heavy ass equipment then gets into the shower.