How To Pin Down The School's Most Eligible Bachelor

Mentions of sex just so you guys are warned. Enjoy!

Nico's POV

He knows the soft comforter of Will's bed well. The delicate scent of pine from the spray his mom is obsessed with, the feeling of Will's chest underneath his head. The moon is high in the sky, the glow shining just past the glass of the window. He should be feeling contentment, the same happiness that he always feels. But there's something off about that night, a nagging worry that starts in his head and spreads to his aching heart and down to the very tip of his fingers. His entire body throbs with worry and when he picks his head up off of Will's chest Will frowns, running a finger down the side of Nico's arm. 

"Something wrong?" Will asks with a silky smooth voice. It was that voice that drew Nico to Will in the first place, that made his head turn in the hallway and his heart explode in his chest. 

"We've been seeing each other for a while, right?" Nico says. 

"Yeah."

"And we both like it, right?" 

"Yeah," Will says, a grin flitting onto his face. That grin had been the one that had shown up in Nico's dreams for weeks after seeing it for the first time, the one he had seen just before they had slipped underneath Will's covers for the first time. 

"So, like, what are we?" Nico asks, his heart pounding in his chest. He's overheating as if he's in the ninety-degree sun instead of underneath a thin comforter on a November night, and he just hopes that Will can't tell. Part of him doesn't want to be asking this question, but he needs to know the answer. It's been on his mind for ages, slipping into his dreams and distracting him from everything else until it's the only thing he can think about. 

Will frowns, running a hand through Nico's hair. Nico loves it when he does that. It feels more intimate than the kissing, the sex, anything they've ever done. It makes Nico feel cared for, and he hopes that Will never stops. Will searches Nico's face for a few more seconds as if trying to memorize Nico's face. Nico hopes he is. 

"We're whatever you want us to be," he says finally, hesitantly, as if he's trying to navigate through a landmine-strewn field. Nico bites his lip- that only left him with more questions, more fear, but Will has already moved on from the topic, and it's clear that he doesn't want to talk about it more. "You wanna watch something? I'm in the mood for a comedy." His laptop is already on the bed, the comforter falling as he sits up to reveal a bare chest. He looks like a greek god as he sifts through Netflix's plethora of options, his other arm curled around Nico's waist. 

"Yeah, sure," Nico says as if he'd have any say in the matter. Will's laptop was already out before Nico opened his mouth. 

"Great," Will says as the movie begins. He leans back against his pillows and Nico has no choice but to follow suit, snuggling up against Will's body as the movie begins. It's warm and soft, more comfortable than any blanket Nico has ever had. He should be happy, to have nailed down one of the school's most sought-after bachelors. But there's still something wrong with the picture, and it's throwing Nico off. 

Will presses a soft kiss to Nico's forehead, running a finger up Nico's jawline. The way Will looks at Nico makes Nico feel like the most beautiful person on the planet, but sometimes he's scared that's all Will sees. "You're the best, you know that?" Will says, with a tiny smile on his lips. 

"Don't worry," Nico says with a grin that simply oozes confidence he doesn't have. "I know." Will laughs, clearly convinced by Nico's facade. He hugs Nico closer as the movie plays on, peppering his face with kisses and stroking his back, but Nico just can't seem to enjoy it. The same nagging worry is still in the back of his mind and he can't seem to shake, no matter how hard he tries.