Crazy Hormones

Request for @Stitchthecat! I hope you like it!

Nico's POV

"We're going to have to work on this over the weekend," Will sighed, picking up our shared science project. So far the volcano was the worst thing I had ever made in my life, the paper mache still damp with glue although it had been finished for a day and a pitiful stream of fake lava trailing down the side, making it look as if someone had spilled ketchup on it. 

"Yeah, sure," I said, but I wasn't thinking about the words coming out of my mouth. All I was thinking about was how Will's freckles looked like a galaxy spreading across his nose and how his hair caught the sunlight when he was standing in just the right spot. "My house?" 

"Sounds great," Will was saying, but the only thing I was paying attention to were his beautiful, thick lips. "I'll be there at noon tomorrow." Will grabbed the project, waving goodbye to me before I could realize what I had just agreed to. 

------

"He's coming over here!" I groaned, burying my head in my hands at the dinner table. "I can't believe I invited him over here! It's terrible here!" My father frowned, his fork chinking against his plate as he scooped up a forkful of mashed potatoes. 

"It's not bad here," he protested. "I think it's lovely here." 

"Dad, my room hasn't had a make over since fifth grade, and I'm a high school senior," I reminded him. "It's still that ugly bright red color with the rocket ship stickers plastered to every inch of the wall, remember?" He winced. 

"Well, I think that's more of a problem with your room, not with the house. So, this Will character. Is he the same Will you're always talking about?" 

"Dad," I groaned. "If you embarrass me tomorrow-" 

"Yeah, Dad, it is," Hazel laughed. "You know, the one with the crystal blue eyes and the luscious blonde hair." I was blushing so hard I thought that their might be heat waves visibly rolling off of my face. 

"You talk about him all the time, Nico!" he said. "He sounds like such a nice boy for you. I'm so glad you finally managed to get him over here." Hazel was roaring with laughter and I buried my face in my hands. 

"Dad, stop!" I begged. "It's just for a school project. Please, don't embarrass me. I'm begging you." My father pushed back his chair from the dinner table, an innocent look on his face. 

"Embarrass you?" he repeated. "When have I ever embarrassed you?" He scraped the leftovers of his dinner into the trashcan, whistling a merry tune as he did the dishes. I glanced over at Hazel and found her still giggling, trying to hide it behind her hand. 

"I can't believe you," I muttered. "I never thought you'd betray me like that." 

"You did the same thing to me," Hazel reminded me. "Frank came over once to study for a test and all Dad could talk about during the entire day was how hot I always said Frank was." 

"You're a couple because of that!" I protested. "You should be thanking me." 

"Hey, maybe I have the same plan," Hazel said with a wink. "I bet that by the end of the day, you'll be so desperate to get away from Dad and his teasing you'll lock yourself in the closet with him and make out." She laughed when she saw my bright red cheeks. "Hey, I'm just trying to help you out. I know you want him." She stood up, leaving me staring down at my plate with my elbows propped up on the table. As long as the day went a little bit better than that dinner, it would be fine. 

Will's POV

I stood at the house that Nico had given me the address to, holding the failed attempt at a volcano in my quaking hands. I didn't want to admit it but I was nervous to see Nico, nervous to see his chocolate brown eyes and his cute, shy smile. I gave a short, quick knock on the door and almost immediately it swung open, Nico standing in the doorway. I shifted my eyes downward and I could see him rubbing his palms on the leg of his black jeans. "Come on," he said, walking into the house. I followed him and I immediately liked the house. It was clean and white, with a man who looked very much like Nico lounging on the couch watching a sitcom with a darker skinned girl sitting next to him. I recognized her from school as Nico's sister and she smiled at me when she saw me. "That's your family, right?" I asked. "Should we go say hi to them or something?"