Città Dell'Amore (part 1)

Here it is! I'm honestly really excited for this. There are going to be four chapters, and just so you know the title means city of love in Italian. Anyway, enjoy!

Will's POV

"It's beautiful here," Will sighed, his nose pressed against the window of their fourth story apartment as he stared out over the city of Venice. A gondola floated lazily through a canal that was boiling in the summer sun and lining the sidewalk sat shops of all kind, the vibrant colors filling the city with life.

He felt arms wrapping around his neck and a pair of lips pressed a kiss to his cheek. He ducked out of the embrace, turning around to stare into a pair of emerald green eyes. "I can't believe we're actually here!" Jessica squealed, looping her arms around his neck. "Remember freshman year, when we were talking about coming to Venice after graduation? I never thought we'd do it but here we are. One of the most romantic cities in the world." She leaned in for a kiss but Will moved out of the way, stepping into the middle of the room and giving her a strained smile.

"Yeah, I can't believe we're here together, either," he said. "It's so pretty. Where are Percy and Annabeth?"

"They're in their room," Jessica responded, placing her hands gently around his waist and resting her head on his shoulder. "Making out, probably. But we don't need them. We can have our own fun."

"Well, I thought that since we just got here, we could go on a group walk. You know all of us." He slipped away from Jessica, rapping on the thick oak door leading to Percy and Annabeth's room. "Guys? Come on out. We're going on a walk. All of us." The door swung open and Percy stuck his head out of the doorway, his black hair tousled and a smudge of pale pink lipgloss staining his lips.

"Nah, I think we're going to stay here," he said, nodding inside. "We're pretty tired, I think we're gonna make good use of this bed."

"It's really nice," Annabeth called from inside. "Very springy. You guys should check yours out."

"Well, I think it would be best if we all went for a walk," Will insisted, grabbing Percy by the shirt and pulling him out into the open living room. "Annabeth, come on. Venice is famous for its coffee, you can get an espresso on the way, if you're really that tired. Nighttime is for sleeping, but daytime is for exploring!" He tapped his foot on the hardwood floor as he waited for Annabeth to come out of the room, a sweatshirt hastily thrown on and her lipgloss smudged.

"Alright, let's do this," she said, looping her fingers around Percy's. "You really want to explore, don't you?"

"Well, it's so beautiful," Will said as he stuffed his wallet and phone into his back pocket, spinning around to face the group. "We should get to know the city first. And this is a group trip, so we should spend time as a group. All of us, together." He flung the door open wide, stepping out into the hallway of their apartment building. They walked out of the building and when they reached the street they were greeted by the warm sun and birds flying high in the baby blue sky.

"Where are we going?" Jessica asked, her strawberry blonde hair whipping around her face as she turned around. "You must have somewhere in mind, considering how excited you were to get out of that apartment."

"Well, I thought we could just walk around," Will suggested, taking lead of the group. "We'll find somewhere, don't worry. A coffee shop, maybe. Annabeth said she wanted coffee. Like I said, we'll find something. We can just walk around and see."

"Actually, I have something I wanted to do," Percy piped up from the back of the group. His eyes were focused on his phone and he was smiling. "You remember how I told you about how when I was younger, we hosted an exchange student from Italy in our apartment for a year? Nico? Well we've stayed in touch, and he works around here. Some art gallery like three blocks from where we are right now. Could we stop in and say hi?"