I'll be your Server

Nico and Will are about twenty in this

Nico's POV

I surveyed the restaurant, taking in the shiny walls and the fancy looking servers rushing around, carrying gleaming silver trays of decedent food. My family of four; my mother, my father, my younger sister Hazel and I arrived at the front of the restaurant. My mother, always used to getting the best service, tapped her black heel on the sleek floor. 

"Server!" my father called out, glaring around the restaurant. "My family and I are waiting!" We waited a few more seconds, my parents getting more and more impatient as time went on. We had only been waiting half a minute, but they were unreasonably frustrated. 

The door to the kitchen slammed open and a boy of about my age stumbled out. He was wearing the uniform of the restaurant, which consisted of a black button up, black pants and a white apron, which complimented his wavy blonde hair and his sky blue eyes. He had a spray of freckles across his tan face, and I could almost hear my heart from inside of my chest as I looked at him. 

"I'm so sorry to keep you waiting," he murmured, grinning sheepishly. His smile slipped from his face when he saw the disapproving glares of my parents. I wanted to slap them for even daring to hurt the feelings of the adorable waiter standing before me. "Allow me to take you to your table." 

"Finally," my mother sniffed. "Nico is home for spring break, and I want this dinner to be perfect. He works very hard, you know." 

"I'm home for break myself," Will said, trying to start up a light conversation. "I go to New York University. I'm studying to become a doctor, but I have to work here part time to pay for my tuition." 

"That must be awful, having to work for your education," I told Will. My father shot me a look, telling me not to talk to this boy, who was so "obviously beneath us", and I shut up. I could guess that Will got the idea as well, because he didn't talk for the rest of the walk to our table. 

"Here you go, ma'am," Will grinned, sliding out the chair for my mother to sit in. "For you, we have the best table in the house." 

"I should think so," my father grunted. "I want nothing but the best for my family." 

"I'll be back shortly with the menus, but can I start you off with some drinks?" 

"Wine for my husband and me," my mother instructed. 

"I'll have a coke," I decided. 

"I'll have the same," Hazel said. Will flashed us all a smile, and I got the sense that he was still trying to win over my parents. 

"I'll be right back with your drinks and menus." 

As soon as Will had turned around, I pulled my phone out of my jacket pocket, opening up my string of messages with Jason, one of my closest friends and roommate. 

Our waiter is so hot! I typed out. I waited, hiding my phone underneath the table so my parents wouldn't see, until the three tell- tale dots that said Jason was typing popped up. 

Can you get a pic?

I'll try, I responded. I kept my phone underneath the table until I saw Will hurrying back to our table, arms laden with drinks. I raised my phone up, snapping a selfie that captured Will perfectly in the background, sending it to Jason. Before I managed to close the app, I thought I saw Will's eyes travel to the message saying that he was hot, but I couldn't be sure. 

"Nico Di Angelo, put that phone away," my mother snapped as Will laid out our drinks in front of us. 

"Yeah, yeah," I sighed. I slid my phone back into my pocket as Will whipped out his small notepad and a pen.