What happens in AP chemistry stays in AP chemistry

A request for @Demigod_HorseLover9, I hope you like this one! (also this is my 69th part I just thought you should know;) (sorry if you're uncomfortable with me pointing that out)

Nico's POV

Out of the corner of my eye I could just barely see the boy sitting to the right of me, scrawling out ap chemistry notes onto a sheet of lined paper as the teacher droned on at the front of the classroom. His handwriting was a beautiful mess, the exact kind of handwriting an aspiring doctor should have. A few locks of his blonde hair hung in his bright blue eyes but he didn't seem to mind, because he didn't make a single move to push it away. I didn't talk to him much. My only class with him was ap chemistry, which made it hard to get to know him but somehow in the short fifty minutes a day I spent next to him, I had fallen in love with him. Mr. Brunner called out a question and Will's hand shot up and he wiggled just the tiniest bit in his seat, like he always did when he was positive he knew the answer. As soon as Mr. Brunner waved at Will to answer the question he confidently spouted out the answer and sat back happily in his seat when Mr. Brunner rewarded his correct answer with a smile. 

I didn't know much about Will but somehow, in the seemingly short time I had with him every day, I had found out all I needed to know. He was passionate about learning, and passionate about his dream of being a doctor and helping people. He was cute in a dorky kind of way, my favorite kind of cute. I had found out I loved him, and I found out that he would never love me back. 

Will's POV

There was something comforting about him that I couldn't quite place. Maybe it was the dark, shaggy hair that covered part of his pale face or maybe it was the way his dark brown eyes seemed to shine whenever he talked, no matter what he was talking about. There was something comforting in the way his tongue poked out of his mouth whenever he concentrated, giving a small glimpse behind his dark exterior.  I could always rely on him to have a pack of gum stashed away in the pocket of his sweatshirt and there was something comforting about knowing that every day he would offer me a piece, offering me the pack like it was gold. I don't think I had ever fallen for someone as dark and brooding as Nico, and I had no idea why I was starting now. Maybe it was the strange comfort that he brought me or maybe it was the fact that he would never love me back. Whenever I went to a pride parade I could always count on getting at least five phone numbers from various guys, but as soon as I laid eyes on Nico I could tell that he would never give me his phone number within the first five minutes of knowing him. He was unobtainable, and maybe that was what attracted me to him so much. 

------

The bimonthly project was quickly approaching, the massive chemistry project that would decide a quarter of our semester grade. Doing well on it was crucial, and I couldn't afford any distractions. It was just my luck I got Nico as a partner. We both stood around a tiny table, several groups already discussing their projects while I was doing all I could to not stare at Nico's chocolate colored eyes. He fiddled with a blue pen lying on the table, avoiding any eye contact. After several minutes of awkward silence I cleared my throat. 

"So, the project is to come up with and present a chemistry project that would help people, right? I think I know something we can do, if you want." 

Nico's POV

I could barely pay attention to what was coming out of his mouth. I was too busy paying attention to how the light glinted in his eyes, making them look like two sapphires sitting in the middle of a perfectly tan face. Maybe I should try and concentrate a but more. Will was undoubtedly one of the smartest kids in the class and together we could make this project amazing, if I could stop paying attention to Will and start focusing on what he was saying. 

"Anyway, if we could maybe figure out a way to put something into water that would kill the bad things in it, I think it would help a lot of people. The main challenge would be finding something that would kill the bad things and wouldn't hurt the people. It'll be hard, but I think we can do it." 

"Maybe we can come in here tomorrow." I heard myself saying the words before my brain could register what I was doing. It was the first day of the project, surely Will wouldn't want to stay after school to get a head start on a project that hadn't even been running for a day. 

"Yeah, that sounds great," Will said, almost breathlessly. For a millisecond I was staring him straight in the eyes before he turned to collect his books, the bell about to ring. "I'll see you after school," he grinned, giving me a tiny, friendly wave as the bell rang. 

"B-bye!" I stammered back, but he was already out the door. 

Will's POV

I was an idiot, the biggest idiot to ever live. I could barely get through talking to Nico for five minutes without blushing like a moron, how was I going to get through an afternoon with him, alone in the chemistry room? I could feel my cheeks burning even as I thought about it. But even with the imminent embarrassment hanging over my head a small part of me was excited at the prospect of spending the better part of the afternoon with my crush. 

When I got there Nico was already in the room, Mr. Brunner out of sight. He was sitting casually on the table, his back facing me as he flipped through his chemistry binder. I couldn't help but admire how good he looked, the sunlight streaming in from the window setting his figure aglow. I gave a soft knock on the wood of the doorway and he turned around just as I was cursing myself for my stupidly cheesy move. Get it together, Solace I chided myself. I didn't have much time to feel sorry for myself, though, because he had hopped off of the table and was striding over to me. "I've been thinking about your idea and I love it," he began. A small part of me was giddy that he loved my idea, and the rest of me was mad at myself for thinking like a three year old. "I did some reading in my study hall, and I think I found something that might help us. It's called sulfratic acid, and it's used to kill bacteria." (totally a made up thing, in case you thought I knew anything about chemistry)He lead me over to a huge cabinet in the back of the room, thrusting it open  to revel shelves upon shelves of different bottles of different liquids. 

"Mr. Brunner left just before you got here, but he told us we could use anything in here that we wanted to, as long as we're careful." He stood on his tiptoes to reach a small blue bottle but he was just too short and his fingers didn't quite reach the bottle. The bottle fell and as Nico stretched out his hand to catch it it shattered against the floor, the force making the liquid splash up, covering the bottom half of Nico's shirt. 

"Nico, you have to take that off, now!" I gasped. "I know a little bit about sulfratic acid. Doctors use it to kill their dangerous experiments." Before I was done talking Nico was shimmying out of his shirt, letting it fall into a ruined heap on the floor. I was staring at Nico's bare stomach, a faint but present set of abs staring back at me. "I- I should make sure it didn't soak into your skin," I muttered. "That stuff can be really dangerous." I reached out, laying a hand on Nico's stomach and pressing down lightly. "Does this hurt at all?" 

"Not really," he responded. "It kind of aches." I let out a sigh. 

"You should fine. I was worried for a second, though." I glanced up at his face, a light blush coloring his usually pale cheeks. 

"You were worried about me?" Now I was blushing as well. 

"Yeah, I mean I see you every day. I don't want you to get hurt." His face fell slightly and all at once I knew what I had to do. "I like you, too." He perked up, and a wide smile appeared on his face. 

"You do?" 

I nodded slightly, a tiny fear creeping into my chest. "Do you like me?" I winced, knowing I sounded like a fifth grader professing their love but I needed to know. He gave me a shy nod and I felt my entire body un- tense. Then glanced down, my eyes falling on Nico's ruined shirt and the puddle of sulfratic acid on the floor. "What do we do about that?" I asked. He gave a shrug. 

"We can work around it. We can call a janitor when we're done." A sly smile crept onto his face. "They don't even need to know it was us. After all, what happens in AP chemistry stays in AP chemistry." 

Hi guys! I'm really sorry for my lack of chemistry knowledge and my incredibly rushed ending. Anyway, I hope you liked it!

Nina