Solangelo 1

Will pulled Nico by his oddly feverish hand into a secluded section of the woods, letting the rest of their capture the flag team rush past them.

"What is up with you?" He asked. "You've been sluggish ever since you deleted that hydra near the border."

"I am not," Nico slurred. "I'm fine." He started to go back out to finish the game, but Will grabbed his arm. "Don't do that!" Nico yelped, thrusting his arm back.

"Nico, what are you hiding?" Will asked in his calm and steady doctor voice.

"Nothing!" Nico protested. Will pushed him up against a tree, holding his arm. "Don't do that," Nico gasped before his eyes rolled back into his head and he collapsed motionless onto the ground. Will bent down next to him and gently rolled up the long black sleeve of Nico's shirt.

Tiny pierce marks formed a straight line up either side of his arm. A hydra bite. Will knew what it was at once. Only few campers had sustained injuries like this, and not many had lived to tell the tale. Hydra poison takes about 24 hours to kill you, and it had already been roughly 18. So that was... Will did the calculations in his head. 6 hours. Nico had 6 hours to live, if Will couldn't save him in time.
Soon, he would be just another name on the list of people Will couldn't save.

Will didn't want to stray to far away from Nico, in case he got worse, but he gathered some nearby plants that he could mash together to slow the poisons spread. It would help, but Will knew that in order to fully cure him, Will would need help.

Will shoved the plant mixture into Nico's mouth, forcing him to chew. Will sat back for a few minutes, then leaned forward to check Nico's temperature. Still burning. Will could feel tears beginning to prick at the corners of his eyes. Yes, there had been people he had been unable to save. And yes, it had felt awful, but it had never felt this personal.

He glanced at Nico's unconscious form and felt an immense surge of guilt at what he was about to do. He knew that Nico hated being the center of attention, but if he was to survive, Will would need all the help he could get. He was just about to leave when he heard a faint voice behind him.

"Will," Nico croaked from the forest floor. "Where are you going? Are you leaving me here?"

"No, of course not," Will said gently, squatting down next to the younger boy. "I was just going to go get some help. So I can heal you, you know?" Nico's breathing became fast and shallow.

"What? No! I'm fine!" Nico struggled to get up, but Will grabbed his arms, preventing him from getting up.

"No, you're not. You have a fever, can't you tell?"

"People are naturally warm."

"Not this warm," Will laughed. "And you're one of the coldest people I have ever met." Will got up and started to leave.

"Don't leave me!" Nico sobbed. Will could hear pain in his voice, and it twisted his insides.

"I'll be back soon," he promised. "Go to sleep and when you wake up, you'll be healthy again."

"I don't want to," Nico moaned. A tiny smile appeared on Will's face.

"Doctor's orders."

Nico wanted to slap him, if only he could manage to get up. How could he be so callous as to leave him there? But, Nico supposed, he was used to being abandoned. That was the last thought drifting through his mind until he slipped back into unconsciousness.

Will sprinted, out of breath, into the clearing where Piper, Jason, Percy. Annabeth, Leo, Calypso and a few Apollo kids were sitting around in, laughing and enjoying their Friday night. Percy looked up when Will came crashing into the clearing.