Simon Says

Science Class (Bella's Perspective)
I sat down in class quietly, forgetting what happened the other day and started my work.
"Hey Bella, I just wanted to check-in. You're okay?"
"Yeah, definitely." I gave him a smile and continued my work.
"That's great. He slid me a note and I swiftly put it in my pocket.
"Alright guys, remember that tomorrow we're doing our DNA extraction."
"DNA extraction?" Gale asked.
"Yes, from a banana. Everyone's favorite fruit."
"Bananas are so gross," I whispered.
"No, they aren't. They're very good for you. High in potassium."
"Still isn't gonna make us eat them." Jessica joked. I laughed and continued filling out my paper. Wonder what this is about?!
************
Central Park (Olivia's Perspective)
"Ready to teach me some of those dance moves?"
"Yeah! Can we get ice cream we're right by the car?!" Leia asked energetically.
"Before dinner?"
"I won't have dessert after." She pleaded.
"Livia." I turned around to see Simon in front of me. I removed my sunglasses and put my arm around Leia protectively.
"Simon?"
"Hello, I'm Simon."
"Hi, I'm Leia." She smiled and I looked into her eyes.
"Go pick a flavor sweetheart. Run along." When she was out of our reach Simon spoke once again.
"Who's Leia?"
"Leia is my daughter."
"I had a niece and you didn't tell me?" He chuckled and I smiled quietly.
"Well, that's on me. We... haven't exactly been in touch."
"Simon, what are you doing here?"
"Went back to Jersey a couple of years ago. Working at the Carpet King."
"How is your family, you're children?!"
"I don't know. You know, Tracy took the kids. So I haven't seen her or them since I last saw you." I nodded quietly.
"I'm sorry."
"I was thinking about asking you to track them down. But, I know I'm just causing more trouble for you."
"Look Liv, I just wanna make it up to you. Maybe I can take you and Leia out to lunch?"
"I actually have two other kids, and I don't think that's such a good-" I tried to walk away and he shifted to the left.
"Just don't- Don't say no. I've been clean for five years. Look at this." He showed his arm and smiled.
"You're my only family. I wanna get to know my nieces and nephews. If that's the case.." I smiled reluctantly and sighed. I really can't do this right now. There's already enough confusion in my children's life.
"Come on, Wednesday...Lunch. My day off, you pick the place, the time. I could be anywhere." Ugh, what do I do? I stared at Leia eating her ice cream and then shifted my focus back on Simon.
"Okay, alright. But, you better show up."
"Thanks, Liv. I gotta go."
"Alright, bye." I went over to the ice cream stand to pay for Leia's ice cream and I unlocked the car.
"Let's go now, baby. Elliot made dinner tonight."
"Mommy?"
"Yes, buttercup?" I buckled her up into her car seat and went into the front of the car.
"Who's Simon? Is he your friend Mommy?" She asked curiously.
"Simon, well, we'll talk about him when we get home. Okay, sweetheart?"
"Simon is funny."
"Why?"
"Because he likes to play hide and seek. I've seen him before!" I pulled the car over and parked.
"You what?" Leia didn't speak again. She noticed the seriousness on my face and decided not to speak.
"I won't get mad honey. Tell me."
"I saw him before. He was passing by the school! But, he didn't see me."
"You promise?"
"Yeah, he didn't know it was me. But I did see him before."
"I'll take your word for it. I know you don't lie. Don't you sweetheart."
"Nope, because lying is bad!"
************
Late Night Talks (Bella's Perspective)
"I'm not sure. But, do you wanna hang out on Tuesday? We have that day off." I asked excitedly.
"Sure, what do you wanna do?!" Yes!
"Do you wanna just go to Starbucks and then come to my house?"
"Doesn't sound too bad. Sure." It'll be just us. Just me and him alone drinking some-
"Bella-" I hung up the phone and texted him quickly that my Mom was coming.
"What are you still doing up?" Mom asked. Elliot was at the door also.
"Nothing important. Uhhhh, what's up?"
"We just wanted to talk to you about your phone."
"I didn't do anything."
"We're not saying you haven't. This is good news, not bad news sweetheart. Why are you so on edge?"
"I'm not," I whispered.
"I know you've talked about getting a new phone for your birthday, so I just wanted to say that I'm giving you the green light on that. But,"
"Oh no."
"We want you to start having more responsibilities around the house. You're turning thirteen next year and I think you're about old enough to start doing your own laundry."
"Laundry?"
"Yes, you've got to start helping out more. Dishes and cleaning the kitchen and bathrooms are just starting to become the bare minimum because our lives are so busy. We'll happily give you a new phone if by the next year you promise to be doing your own laundry fully." I nodded in understanding.
"Doesn't sound bad."
"Great. And sometimes, we'll be asking you to do Leia's as well. Is that okay?"
"That's fine. But, does that mean Lucy will be around even less? Usually she does the laundry."
"Lucy will still be around honey. I promise you that."
"Okay, I hear you." They left shortly after and I turned off the light.
"Sorry about that."
"Oh it's okay, we should both be asleep by now anyway. Why are you up so late?"
"I'm studying for the math test."
"Ohh, forgot to study myself! Hey, what's the plan for Halloween?"
"Halloween?! I was thinking about being a vsco girl with Kylie, Hannah, and Jessica."
"You better not become one or I'll stop being your friend! My sister is already annoying enough!" I giggled and twisted my hair around with my finger and looked out the window.
"Don't worry, I won't become one! It's just for one night."
"Better be! I'm going to go study. Talk later?"
"Yeah, I'll text you now actually. Play me back."
"I will, I just didn't want to lose."
"Okay stupid, but bye!"
"Bye!" I hung up and I turned around to see Elliot standing by my door.
"I came to tell you goodnight, but I saw you on the phone. What are you really doing up this late?!" He asked with a smile.
"Studying."
"Can't be studying and on the phone."
"Well, I guess you're right about that."
"Is there something you'd like to tell me?"
"I don't know. You tell me." I gave Elliot a hug and I could tell he was smiling.
"That was a rare moment."
"I know! Night, El."
****************
Halloween Night (Olivia's Perspective)
Leia insisted on being the Mad Hatters daughter from the Descendants. And I promised her I'd take part as well.
"You look pretty with purple hair!"
"Thank you, sweetheart! Come let me fix your hair babes."
"Mommy, we're going to lunch with Simon on Wednesday?"
"Yes, sweet pea. We are."
"Everyone is going?"
"Why, of course, honey! Everyone except Elliot babe." I fixed her skirt and she kept tapping my shoulder.
"Yes?"
"Why won't Elliot come?"
"Because he's busy baby girl. You look so pretty! Come and take a picture with me."
"Cheese!"
"Mom, I'm leaving."
"We're leaving as well. You could wait for me, babe."
"But Mom,"
"What is it, Bella?"
"You're going to embarrass me. You have a purple wig on. You won't be. It'll be just fine. Let's go, Leia." Bella sighed quietly as we walked out onto our block.
"There's a house there. I see chocolate. Let's go get some Leia."
"I like chocolates! Let's go, Bella!"
"Trick or Treat." Leia turned back and I gave her a thumbs up.
"Go on babe. You're doing great!"

To be Continued~