24. good things fall apart.

Start from the beginning

"I was with a friend."

"What friend?"

"It doesn't matter."

He arches his eye brow, his blue eyes slightly wider, demanding an answer. "Koa, I'm asking you a question, respect your father."

"Henry." Mom calls out, wrapping her hands around fathers arms.

"What Nina?"

"It's very late. Let's go to bed." She tugs on him but he stays planted.

"Go to bed Nina."

"I can't sleep without you." She lies, plastering a slight smile on her lips. "Won't you come to bed?"

"I have business to take care of." He informs her, standing his ground.

"But Hun, can't it wait till morning?"

He twists his neck to look at her, his eyes emotionless. "Do I have to repeat myself?"

"Please?" She pleads, her eyes clinging to hope. "Just this once."

He looks her dead straight, his devilish grin is quick to make an appearance. "I'll be in in a moment mio amore." He places a gentle kiss on her lips.

She tugs on her robe, "Don't be too long please."

"Oh, I won't. Go get the bed ready." She nods at his command, entering into their master suite.

I quietly sneak over to the stairs, "Not so fast Koa." He rolls up the sleeve to his white dress shirt, "Where do you think your off to?"

"Bed." I mumble.

He walks up to me, placing a single hand on my shoulder, exchanging his menacing smirk. "Whose house were you staying at?"

"Um..." I look down to his feet, "my friends house."

"Their name being?"

"Cr-cr-Crystals."

"Does this, Crystal, have a last name?"

I shrug my shoulders, "Not sure."

"Your not lying, are you? Because you know what happens to boys that lie."

"N-no, I promise."

He drags his fingers down my back, "You sure about that?"

"Ye-yes sir."

"Does this Crystal happen to be your girlfriend?"

"No." I breathe out. "Just a friend."

"Bring her over tomorrow, for dinner. Five o'clock."

"She's busy tomorrow."

His blue eyes stare into mine, making me powerless. "No, she's not. Tell her to figure it out." He swirls around, taking slow steps towards his room.

"If she can't?"

He glances back at me, "Then we can work something out."