Chapter 61: 'Don't ever say that'

Maggie's POV,

I walked out. I couldn't handle it, with Brad and Rachel He has clearly shown me that he doesn't want there to be anymore 'us' and that he has moved on, maybe I should do the same?

"Maggie!" I heard someone shout my name. "Wait up!" I notice it was James's voice, James, just the person I needed. I froze in my spot and turned around. James engulfed me in a warming hug, I flung my hands around him and started to cry. I didn't want to cry, not anymore.

"I want to go home," I sob to James. He sticks out his hand for a taxi and gives him directions before texting everyone that we have gone home. I didn't say much the whole journey, I just rested on James's chest, letting the last few tears escape my eyes before we reached home.
-
"Want some tea? Hot Chocolate?" James asks popping his head around the door, holding two cups.

"Tea would be great," I smile and wipe my eyes. He come through handing me the green mug.

"What would you do if I said hot chocolate?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I'd give you this mug instead," James smirks at me, holding the purple mug up.

"So you made both?" I question.

"Yup, I know you like both, and I don't mind which I drink, so, I thought about it and came up with this, as I didn't want you to just shut the door on me," He admits.

"I wouldn't do that James, you're too sweet for me to push you away," I watch him blush as I say so.

"Tris text me, he said they're going to a club and won't be back til late, apparently Ast joined them." James tells me.

"Oh.." I sigh. "Sorry for ruining the day for you," I whisper.

"Hey, hey, hey!" James puts his and my mug on the bedside table before giving me a hug. He lies down and I rest my head on his chest. "You've made it perfect Mags." He then says.

"How?" I question him.

"Well, swimming and chasing you was fun, you cared for my nose-"

"Which you got hit because of me" I interrupt him.

"No. And then you kissed me, which I hope you don't regret now, do you?" He asks me, worrying.

"No James, I don't regret it, I wouldn't of kissed you if I didn't want to" I tell him, sounding too sure. I look up at him, and he's smiling like an idiot. "Stop smiling" I flick his nose.

"Oh sorry, I'll frown instead then!" He says frowning. I place a quick kiss on his lips making his lips spread into a smile.

"I prefer you smiling James," I tell him, and snuggle into him again. I feel myself drifting off to sleep, and I feel James covering me and then starting to move.

"Stay," I whisper. James takes of his tee and lies down on top of the cover. James is so caring, not rushing anything. I pull the cover from underneath him and flick it onto him.

"Night James," I get into my sleeping position.

"Night Maggie," He says, kissing the back of my head and hugging me from behind. Brad moved on, so can I. Is it wrong though, that it is James that I like?
-
I woke up to an empty bed. Did James not stay? I roll over and find his tee still on the floor. I get up and realise I'm still wearing yesterdays clothes. I get myself into the shower and then to the walk in wardrobe. I go for some skinny jeans and a short sleeved baseball top. I dry my hair and quickly put it into a side plat.

"Morning" I say as I walk into the kitchen. "You guys look dreadful" I then add.

"Great way to boost the confidence," Connor says. They all look terrible. I guess they drank a little bit too much last night.

"You look great though," Brad says, I smile and get some chocolate pop tarts out of the cupboard and put them in the toaster.

"Don't remember last time you had those," Lizzie says.

"Last time? With mum," I sigh but I smile at the end. "Missed pop tarts heh? Anyone else want any?" I offer.

"Nah thanks, we have cereals and bread" Jemima says enthusiastically, yet sarcastically.

"Alright then," I take out the pop tarts and sit beside James, who takes one.

"Oi I offered when I was standing up!" I roll my eyes at him.

"You love me reallllyyyyyyyy" He pouts. I giggle at him and let it go. I look over at Brad who looks almost hurt? Why? He has Rachel and he is fine with her.

1 Text from Leanne :
Hey Jemima and Maggie! (Text sent to both of you)
You have a huge photoshoot tomorrow at 5pm, you will be advertising autumn clothes, come in with NO make up please. Oh and you have an interview with Nick Grimshaw tomorrow morning at 8am. Love you girls! Leanne xxx
Woo...

Brad's POV,

"You love me reallllyyyyyyyy" James pouts at Maggie. She giggles, I'm sure she nodded too. Ouch. That hurt. But why?

I have Rachel don't I? I came home around 11. I dropped her at her house first, then asked the taxi to take me to here. As I was walking up the stairs James came out of her bedroom door. He didn't see me, he went to his room. I wish it was me walking out of her room. I was the one who should be there. Not James. As much as I respect James, I love Maggie.

"We have a photoshoot tomorrow and an interview with Nick Grimshaw!!!!!" Jemima and Maggie squeal.

"Yay!" Lizzie joins in.

"He'll ask you girls sooo many questions, about us as well," Connor pats his back making Maggie and Jemima giggle. I hope he won't ask about me. I couldn't bare Maggie telling the whole world we are over, as then, it will be official.

1 Text from Rachel:
Hey Brad? You alright? xxxxxxx

1 Text to Rachel:
Yeah why wouldn't I be? x

1 Text from Rachel:
Just checking, want to come over? ;) xxx

1 Text to Rachel:
Sure, be there soon x

"I'm off now, I'm sure I won't be missed here anyway so, I'll just...yeah" I say getting up from the table.

"Brad?" Maggie says my name.

"Urm, Yeah?" I ask putting my shoes on.

"Don't ever say that ok?" She says, I miss her voice, I just want to hug her.

"Say what?" I ask confused.

"That you won't be missed, I'm getting the feeling that you feel unwanted here, and that's not what I want alright? If it helps," she pauses and bites her lip, she always did that when she was in deep thought. "You will be missed," and with that she walks off.
-
I walked into her apartment. The lights were dimmed down and there were candles all over the place. She doesn't want to, does she?

"Oh hey," she smiles at me. She's wearing a sexy kind of suit, something that Maggie wouldn't be confident of wearing.

"Erm, hey?" I make it sound like a question. Rachel comes real close to me then leans in and kisses me. I kiss her back, not sure. She deepens the kiss and takes off my jacket throwing it on the floor.

"Rachel stop," I tell her to stop.

"Why?" She seems offended.

"We're not even together," I start. "And I'm not ready," I say and let out a small sigh.

"Maggie has fucked up your head good hasn't she? You need to get over her Brad! She's with James isn't she? She left YOU! She doesn't need you, she doesn't want you, get it in your head! I do. I love you, I want you!" She screams at me.

"How can you say that?" I pick up my jacket off her floor and leave her flat. She went too far.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hey!
I've answered all DM's to date!
Thank you to everyone who DM's me, it means a lot <3
I cannot be adding more characters to the story just yet though, so please don't ask me, I am not offering parts at the moment. Sorry for any mistakes.
Vote, comment and DM <3
-ILoveYouBraddyBoy x