Chapter 8 : Connor

Maggie's POV,

"It's not long since we met and everything but... Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked me biting his bottom lip. Oh my god. Did he seriously just ask me that? He's gorgeous, he has a great personality and he likes me? I'm sorry, I was never really admired. As you know from the very beginning of my life I was hated, except by my adopted parents. They love me and I love them. I looked into his brown eyes, oh they shine in the light. I took a deep breath...

"Of course! If you'd like," I nodded and saw his smile stretch. I stood on my tip toes and placed a light kiss on his cheek.

"Night Brad," I said and walked into my house leaving him there.

As soon as I walked in Lizzie ran up to me.
"Spill!" She almost screamed and dragged me into my room.

"What?" I smiled and bit my lip.
"We want to know details! What did you do? Where did you go?" She kept asking.

"We?" I looked confused.

"Yeah, I'm on FaceTime with Tris!" She said and Tris waved.

"Oh wow," I said before adding "Brad will be back soon, ask him!"

"He's here bye!" Tris said and hung up.

"So?" Lizzie said impatiently.

"Yes," I smiled and she screamed.

"Shh!"

"Sorry, so you're official?" She asked and I nodded.

"We knew it was coming! Ever since that night! We woke up and he held you close to him," she said and did a love sigh.

"What about you and Tris?" I asked. She shrugged.

"I don't know, he hasn't made a move yet..." She said and looked at the floor.

"Give him time!" I said.

I went for a shower then got changed into pj and removed all my make up.

"Night Maggie," Lizzie said and got into the spare bed dad put into my room.

"Night Lizzie," I said smiling. As soon as my head hit the pillow I fell asleep.

I woke up to and text James if he was up and wanted to come for a run. It was only 5:30 but he replied almost instantly with a yes. I got some pop tarts into the toaster then got changed quietly making sure I didn't wake Lizzie. I got the pop tarts and went out. James was waiting at the bottom of my drive.

"Morning," I said and have him a friendly hug.

"Morning Maggie!" He said as we pulled away.

"How is everyone?" I asked and we started jogging up past Terragon's and Lady's field and then went through the little gate and into the woods. This was a new route I found.

"We're all ok, well..." He said.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"As soon as Brad told us, Connor got up and left..." James said. I was a bit puzzled.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because Maggie.... He too likes you..." James told me and I felt guilty for some reason.

"Oh really?," I jogged looking at the ground.

"He hasn't messaged any of us, could you maybe try and call him later?" James asked me.

"Of course!" I nodded.

"Thanks Maggie," he said and smiled.
-
I got in and had a shower so I didn't smell. When I got out of the bathroom I looked at the clock and it was half 7, then looked at Lizzie who was still asleep. I got into some plain blue jeans, a short red sleeved Tshirt with my 'I'm a horse rider' hoodie.
I didn't have anything to do so I scrolled down my contacts and onto Connor's.