Chapter 25 : Shock

Maggie's POV,
*Please read authors note*

What did I do to her? She didn't even shake my hand and she avoided eye contact. I left her and James to it. Does she see me as a threat or something? James is my best friend. Nothing more nothing less. I was hoola hooping for ages until I could feel my stomach muscles ache. I looked over and James and Rachel just finished on the treadmills.

"Good run?" I asked and smiled. Rachel gave me the evils. What?!

"Yeah," James replied and I could feel the awkwardness so I thought it'd be best if I excused myself.

"I'm meeting Lizzie at the train station in half an hour, so I'll leave you guys to it!" I said with a silent sigh.

"Tell her I said hi and that'd I will pop around later to ask her how it went with Tris!" He said and winked.

"I want to know the information first James! She won't tell you anything til I know!" I laughed and signed out. I said goodbye to Rachel but she just blanked me. First impression? Not good. James said she was nice, and always smiling. I guess she just really doesn't like me. I wish I knew what I've done to her.

I made my way to the train station. Lizzie stayed around two days longer than she should of, but it's alright. I just want all the details! I waited for her train to arrive because I was early, but I didn't want James to feel like he has to keep the conversation going, because his friend wasn't being exactly talkative and you could sense how awkward it was.

"Lizzie!" I screamed getting some evils from other members of the public.

"Maggie!" Lizzie sang and we ran towards each other, Lizzie with her suitcase in hand.

"Oh my god girl I've missed you sooooooo much!" I told her. It felt like I haven't seen her for so much longer. Even though Brad stayed, I was still missing Lizzie.

"I've missed you too! I have so much to tell you! But wait til we're in the car!" Lizzie replied.

"Instead of the car, let's go Starbucks?" I offered.

"Sounds like a better idea!" She said. We put her suitcase in the boot of my car and got in. It didn't even take 5 minutes til we were at Starbucks with our drinks.

"So?" I asked all excited.

"Well, his parents are nice, his sister loves me..." She said.

"And???" I was waiting for more info.

"We didn't do it," she said. Wait. What?

"You had all that time, and you didn't do it?" I was shocked. I guess Tris didn't make a move.

"Nope, he didn't make the move!" Lizzie took a sip of her coffee.

"You and Brad?" She raised an eyebrow and smirked. I shook my head. I wasn't ready. I didn't want to. I know that eventually he'll get bored of waiting and leave me, he says he won't, but he will.

"Shall we go back?" Lizzie asked looking at the time. I nodded and we set off.
~
"Lizzie!" Mum came and hugged her. My mum has been getting thinner and thinner. Not because she has been working on her figure, but because of her cancer. Two days ago Brad and I went with her to the hospital for some treatments. I don't want to loose my mum, but nothing is helping her. She's getting worse and I can't believe it. I spent every time I could with her while Brad was with James recording. I remember her telling me : 'don't let Brad go, he cares and he waits, I know, when I first saw him I knew, he loves you as much as I do...' Those words will never fade away from my memory.

"Charlotte!" Lizzie smiled. Brad came down eventually and we all had something to eat. That something was a lovely home made lasagne that my mum made, apparently Brad helped, not that I believe it much.

"How did it go with Rachel?" Brad asked as he took his and mine dishes and put them in the sink before sitting back down.

"I don't know..." I sighed.

"Why?" Brad questioned.

"She seemed to ignore me, blank me, hate me..." I said looking at the napkin and folding it.

"Want to go up?" Brad asked and I nodded.

"Thanks for dinner," I threw mum, Lizzie and dad a smile. They all smiled back and Brad and I went upstairs.

"What you mean she seemed to hate you?" Brad asked me straight away.

"She just didn't like me, she didn't shake my hand, she avoided eye contact..." I started. Brad sighed.

"James doesn't seem to be able to get himself a nice girl..." He said and we both sat on my bed.

"He didn't introduce her as his girl friend. Just a friend. I think that maybe she sees me as a threat? I don't know. I don't want James I want you..." I told him and placed a passionate kiss on his lips. He seemed shocked at first, but then relaxed and kissed me back.

"And I'm glad you're mine, and not James's!" He smiled and I threw him a smile in return.

"Aston rang," Brad eventually said breaking the silence.

"And?" I asked hugging Brad.

"I don't know, he seemed a bit upset and I said I'd tell you when you were back, and he just replied with a 'cheers man' before he hung up!" Brad told me. I untangled my body from Brad's and found my phone on the charger.

3 missed calls from Aston Da Best ✌️

Quickly I unlocked my phone and rang him back, but he didn't pick up. He had me so worried, why didn't he pick up?

Aston's POV,

Maggie's caller ID appeared on the screen. I couldn't answer it. Not here. I was at a hospital, my brother had an accident. All I wanted was for Maggie to come, but I know she's in Bournemouth and I'm in London. Plus she has Brad around.
I walked out of the door and rang her back.
M: Ast! What's up?

A: Maggie...

M: yes? Is everything alright?

I nearly couldn't answer.
A: erm... Not really...

The tears were now strolling down my cheek as I walked around the busy car park.
M: Ast?? What's wrong?

A: my brother had an accident... He didn't look where he was going, Maggie he's only 14! 14 is too young. That stupid driver...

M: oh my god... I'll ask dad to book me a hotel, I'll be coming to meet you!

A: Maggie you have Brad around, I just need a talk, I'll be fine.

M: nope I'm coming! I'll text you when I'm at the station!

And with that she hung up. I didn't want to ruin her time with Brad. I liked them two together. I felt like Maggie's older brother. And Brad just felt right for her.
All I could do right now though was wait. For Maggie. For the doctors. For good or bad news. Help me.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey 💕
How is everyone? So you guys wanted Ast back in the story even though he hasn't been gone for long. Thank you so much, I appreciate all the Direct Messages I get sent, and I do read them, and reply if I can.
I've also been receiving hate for Rachel's behaviour? Guys it's a fanfic, and you never know, Rachel might not be like that, or she might, you'll have to wait and see. Hate won't stop me from writing or updating.
Please don't forget to vote :)
Sorry for any mistakes...
~ ILoveYouBraddyBoy