Chapter 58: Unexpected Kiss

Maggie's POV,

"Will you be alright?" Ast asked as we were heading for my drive. I sighed.

"I'll have to be won't I? I can't let him see I'm hurt, no matter how much I am, and how much I am trying to hide it," I hold back the tears. Ast pulls up to my drive to see a leaving taxi. That's when I see him, my best friend. James.
I basically ran out of the car and gave James a huge hug.

"JAMES! What are you doing here?!!!!" I asked shocked.

"Brad invited me up, Alright Ast?" James asks, I smile and Ast nods.

"Nice lip ring," James adds. I blush, why did I blush?

"I'm back,!" I shout through the house, Jemima and Connor came down the stairs, examining my lip ring before agreeing with it looking nice. I was glad I finally got it done, I've always wanted it, and this was the best way to get it, and I think it is the best time.

"Looks great," Brad suddenly says. My heart speeds up to 150 miles per hour, well that's what it felt like anyway. My words didn't come out. Then I thought, he must tell her how good she looks all the time, and that I shouldn't be excited over such a small compliment, but I did.

"Thanks Brad," I said back. This is the first time we have spoken since I broke it off with him. Jemima looked at me, as if she was shocked that I spoke.

"Where's Trizzie?" James asks finally breaking the silence, which was becoming rather awkward.

"Out, on a date," Jemima says giggling.
"Oooh, did ya tell them to be safe?" Ast bursts out laughing, us all joining in. They'd kill us if they heard us.

"No... I didn't think of it... I should of though..." Connor admits, making us all laugh again.

"How long you staying for James?" I turn to face him, not realising how close behind he is, our bodies are almost touching. I look into his eyes before looking down, taking a step back and waiting for an answer.

"Well, I was planning on a night or two, like Brad said" he clears his throat. "But if you want me out earlier just say!" He quickly adds.

"James it's fine! You can stay longer if anything! We want you here too, if you want too obviously, Jemima and Connor are starting to move in soon too, it's only you that's missing now!" I say smiling, and everyone agrees. It was true, James was the missing part of this house. So was my relationship with Brad, but that is something I cannot do anything about...yet anyway.
-
"I'm going upstairs," I said, we were watching a movie, but it got to the romantic part, and I decided I didn't want to watch anymore, it kind of made me upset, knowing that Brad will share most of his time with Rachel now, well most probably. I haven't seen her around at all, which is good, I don't want her near the house. I shut the door behind me and let a few tears escape my eyes, before sliding down the door, and crying fully into my knees. There was soft knock.

"Mags? Can I come in?" James asks. I sniff and move from the door. James gently opens the door coming in.

"Hey, Mags, don't be upset," He shuts the door and sits next to me, leaning on my bed, stroking my hand up and down, which to be honest, was really soothing.

"It's so hard James, I wasn't expecting it to be, but it is." I sigh to him, he pulls me into a hug, stroking my hair. After a moment of silence he speaks.

"I saw your arm..." he murmurs.

"WHAT! You couldn't of! I bandaged it and everything!" I panic trying to stand up, only for James to pull me back down.

"Woah Mags... it's alright ok?" He gives me a big bear hug, making me smile. "I just wish I was here for you, so you didn't do it, because you are beautiful Maggie, you're talented,you have a great personality, you're everything anyone would look for in a girl, and your looks is just a cherry on top. I don't see why Brad has done what he has, but I'm sure there's a good reason, and if not, then I don't know," He says. I squeeze him harder, to let him know a 'thank you' without speaking. "Mags?" He says my name.

"Yeah?" I look up at him.

"When you feel like you want to do it next, call me? Speak to me?" He asks me. I nod. James and I move from the floor to the bed, for comfort, as the floor is hard and my butt is delicate.

"Did you really mean what you said?" I ask James.

"Of course, else I wouldn't say it would I?" He replies, kissing the top of my head.

"I guess not..." My thoughts take me somewhere else. He says 'you're everything anyone would look for in a girl' does this mean he likes me? No Maggie, he's just being the friendly best friend he is, he's just showing he cares and is trying to make you feel better. No one could love you. Why did my thoughts always turn out negative?

"What are you thinking about?" James asks. I couldn't tell him, could I? No, he'll think I'm going crazy or something, it'll be better if I just keep it to myself.

"Nothing really, just how I wish you were here before I cut my arm, Leanne is not going to be pleased..." I say and he frowns. "What about you?" I add. James turns round to face me. He puts his index finger under my chin lifting it up and looking into my eyes. Is he going to kiss me?

"I'm thinking about how great it would be if I could do this without ruining our best-friendship," He adds before leaning in and kissing me gently. His lips were nice and warm, and his hands were gentle as they cupped my cheeks. My lip ring brushed against his lips gently. As much as I enjoyed it, I felt it was wrong.

"James, James stop," I said with a tear escaping my eyes. "I can't" I shook my head. He doesn't say a word, he just hugs me and we lay on my bed.

"Still best friends?" He asks after a minute or two of silence.

"Of course, I wouldn't let that ruin it," I smile into his chest, even thought he can't see it. I loved James, a lot. Just not like that. But what if my feelings develop? I still love Brad, and no matter how much I try to lie to myself, I want him back. Why was I so scared then?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hello <3
Oooooooh I need opinions!!!!!!!!
Please tell me what you think, below in the comments or DM me! Please vote and stuff and sorry for any mistakes!!
-ILoveYouBraddyBoy