Chapter 59: He Knows

Maggie's POV,

I woke up still recovering from yesterdays events. I know one thing for sure, and that is, that I am happy, that mine and James's friendship will stay the same. We had a deep conversation yesterday, and he kept apologising for kind of bringing Rachel back into all of our lives. I couldn't stay mad at James though. He just did what felt right at the time, and to be honest if I was in his place too, I would most probably do the same. I smelt pancakes, threw on a pair of trackies and a tee, before putting my hair into a messy bun and going downstairs.

"Morning," I smiled at James, as he was making the pancakes.

"Nice of ya to join us," He winks at me, making me smile at him some more. "There's a few on the table already, unless Tristan ate them" I laugh at the point James made and go to sit down. I take a seat in between Tris and Connor, as the only other seat is by Brad.

"Slept well?" Tris asks as he takes a pancake and covers it with strawberry jam.

"Yes thanks," I reply, takin one myself, but covering it with some Nutella.

"We're going beach in a bit, wanna join?" Jemima offers, taking Connor's hand.

"Is everyone going?" I asked. Everyone nodded, including Brad. I sighed in my head. "Yeahh why not?!" I agree. Everyone smiles and James joins us with the remaining few pancakes. We spoke a bit at breakfast, though Brad was mostly on his phone, most probably texting Rachel or something. James sat opposite me, making sure I was ok.

The events from yesterday still replay in my head. Did he mean the kiss? Well he knew what he was doing, and he wanted the kiss to happen, but does he feel about me that way?

"Meet back here in 30 minutes? It'll take us around an hour to get to a beach," Con says, I smile and walk up to my room. I choose some high waisted shorts and a black crop top, putting my red and white polka dot bikini underneath. I do my make up natural, as if I end up going in the water it will all come off. I was about to go downstairs when I remembered my arm. I went into my drawer and got out a bandage, I slightly bandaged it and grabbed a black cardigan, before grabbing my phone and shoving it into a bag. There, I was ready. I walked downstairs and everyone was waiting for me.

"Sorry, you guys know I take long," I smiled sweetly, they rolled their eyes and we set off. We called a large taxi to come and get us and take us to the beach.
-
It was boiling for the fact that we were in England. I put my towel down, which James got ready into the bag for me, Thank You James. I then put my bag down and lie down on the towel, not forgetting to take out the sun glasses for me to wear.

"You not coming for a swim?" Lizzie asks. I shake my head, she shrugs and runs in with Tris, hand in hand. They were so cute, I was so happy that Lizzie found someone as caring as Tristan, and the same for Tris.

"Why not?" Brad asks. His voice, I miss it, I miss him.

"Just...don't feel like it?" I say kind of making it sound like a question.

"If you say so," Him, Connor and Jemima race off. James and I stay, trying to get a glimpse of a tan. There weren't too many people here, I guess not many people knew about it.

"Mags come swim with me?" James asks.

"My arms James," I sit down and look away, not wanting to see his face reaction.

"Maggie, we won't judge you for them, and if the salt water will sting too much you can go out, please?" James pouts.

"Eugh fine!" I tell him, he jumps up, I take off my high wasted shorts and crop top, along with the bandage. James was right, as always, they wouldn't judge. I ran, James being right behind me.