Chapter 9 : Check Up

Maggie's POV,

I text James telling him I wouldn't go for a jog this morning, because I woke up later and had to get ready to go to the doctors. I'm not going to lie, mum didn't look better. Out of all the people, cancer chose my mum.

I went for a bath and my mind was racing with worries and questions. Was she ok? What will the doctor say? What will I do without her? I don't want to loose her. After a while I got out and walked into my room with a towel covering my body and a smaller one over my hair. Lizzie was awake on FaceTime with Tris which was kind of embarrassing so I jogged to the other side of the room where my wardrobe was.

"I saw Maggie!" I heard Tris say.

"Hello! Just need to get clothes!" I shouted so he could hear and Lizzie giggled.

"Why are you two face timing? He's across the road!" I added and Lizzie gave me the 'shut up seriously' look. I looked into my wardrobe as I put on my under wear. I didn't know what to wear. I wasn't comfortable with showing my scars around this place yet. I chose some blue skinny jeans and added a baseball top, which was baggy, yet good looking. I quickly changed my belly bar to a blue heart one and went to the mirror to do my make up. I didn't pay attention to Lizzie much, since she was on FaceTime anyway. I added some blue eyes shadow and mascara. I decided to just go for lip gloss and hair dried my hair. There wasn't much I could do with it, so I left it to be natural.

"Lizzie want us to give you a lift down to James's?" I asked.

"Yes please! See you soon!" She finished and unplugged her phone from the charger.

"Thanks!" She said. She was wearing some high wasted shorts and a dark blue tank. (Tank is a sort of Tshirt like a crop top) Her hair was in a perfect bun and she had natural make up on.

"Good luck Charlotte! Let me know!" Lizzie said as she walked out. Yeah my mum was called Charlotte. My dad was Aaron. Incase I didn't tell you before.

We arrived at the hospital at 10 am and I saw dad worry. I knew dad was as worried about mum as I was. Her appointment was in 15 minutes and they seemed to drag. We didn't really speak much. The room was in silence until the doctor walked in and said.

"Mrs Merrygold?"

The walk to the doctors room was silent. I saw mum look at me so I gave her a reassuring smile.

Mum had to go through a few machines before coming back down. I saw the doctors face as he tried to stay positive. I could almost tell what he was going to say, I just wish he didn't.

"Mrs Merrygold, I am going to be honest with you like you have asked me to. You haven't got better, so we are going to increase the medication. I am sorry to say that in fact you have gotten worse, from the photos you can see here and here," he paused and showed us the computer screens. "You can see that it has spread. Mrs Merrygold it's getting worse..." He finished. I saw dad put his hand over hers. That's it. I'm out if here.

I ran out of the room and out of the hospital. I sprinted to mine and to Terragon. I put his bridle on and leap on his back, not caring about the safety of a helmet nor a saddle.

"Go boy, run," I said through the tears and kicked him on. I didn't put a saddle on him which was dangerous but I trusted him enough. He leaped over a few trees as we reached the forest. Eventually we ran out and onto the beach. I lost track of time and I dismounted and sat on the beach, crying and holding Terragon.

Tris's POV,

Lizzie and I were on James's trampoline just messing about.

"How come you don't have a girlfriend Tris?" She asked me smiling.

"I haven't asked her out yet, haha," i replied. I was going to ask her why she didn't have a boyfriend but her phone rang.

"Charlotte?" She said confused. I mouthed who is it and she mouthed 'Maggie's mum' and that's when I froze. Maggie was like a little sister. Lizzie's face froze and she put the phone down.

"Maggie is gone, she's been gone all day ever since he doctors. She said Terragon is gone too," she said. I looked at the time it was 5pm I think I had an idea where she was.

"I'll go and find her, come with me and can you ask Charlotte if I can use Lady?" I asked as I got on my shoes and we jogged to Maggie's.

"She said it's fine, just find her, she turned her phone off so no one can get to her." Lizzie added and I went to Maggie's tack room and took out Lady's tack. She knew me from the other day and luckily let me tack her up. I didn't even bother with a helmet I waved to Lizzie and kicked on Lady. I hoped I would find Terragon's tracks sooner or later because if she's not behind the woods where she told me she likes... Then I don't know where she is.
It took my a while to reach the end of the forest, because Lady hasn't got much of a steady beat. It was sunny luckily, and it was summer, so it didn't get dark quickly.
Lady seemed tired and I swear I've been everywhere around. I thought about giving up when I saw her just sitting on the sand. Well I didn't see her first, Lady neighed and Terragon replied which was lucky. I kicked Lady on but it hasn't moved with Maggie. She was still in her blue jeans and baseball looking shirt.

I dismounted Lady still holding her reins and sitting down next to her. I put my hand over her, god she was freezing. We sat down in silence before she broke down. I tried to comfort her as much as I could but I couldn't.

"Why her Tris?" She said as she dug her head into my chest.

"I don't know," I didn't know what else to reply.

"What did you have to eat?" I asked her and put my hoodie around her shoulders.

"Nothing Tris, I'm not hungry, and thank you." She thanked me and stood up.

"What for?" I said standing up after her.

"Coming to get me, giving me your hoodie," she said and put her hands through the sleeves.

"Anything for you Maggie, you're like a little sister you know," I said and helped her onto Terragon's back. I wondered why she didn't have a saddle, but I decided not to ask.
We got back to her and I phoned everyone on our way back. We left the horses in the field and put the stuff into the tack room where everyone waited for us.

"Maggie!" Lizzie screamed and hugged her tightly before coming to hug me and placing a kiss on my lips. I was not expecting that. I'm not saying I didn't like it, because I did.

"Thank you for bringing her back!" She said and hugged me.

"No worries," I said hugging her back.
I saw Brad going up to her and pulling her into a hug, kissing her fore head. Soon her parents came and we all went our own ways. I'm ready for bed.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello everyone 💕
Thank you for the views 💕
Things are getting better thank you for the worry 💕