Brother

Loki and I had now entered the ship, but Thor and the others were still unaware of our whereabouts. The two of us were quietly sitting in a master bedroom on board the spaceship. I had taken a seat on a geometrically designed chair and Loki was pacing beside me. "What's wrong Loki?" I asked noticing his fretting. "I need to speak to my brother" Loki replied looking to me with softness in his eyes.

I smiled and if on cue a door at the far end of the room opened revealing Thor. He was now wearing an eyepatch and looked exhausted. He wasn't aware of our presence and poured himself a drink before approaching a mirror and looking at his face closely. I had stayed in my seat, but Loki walked towards him stopping so Thor could see him in the reflection. Thor turned to face his brother. "It suits you" Loki began looking at Thor, I smiled. Thor looked down to where his drink was placed and began fumbling around. "Maybe you're not so bad after all, brother. Zeanna has gifted you with a second chance" Thor stated. Loki looked to me with a huge smile. Thor followed his gaze and looked towards me now taking in my presence. "She has" Loki assured as I gave him a small smile.

"Thank you" Thor finished looking between the two of us. "If you were here, I might even give you a hug" Thor finished playing with a bottle top. Thor looked to Loki and threw the object at him. Loki effortlessly caught the piece and smiled. "I'm here" Loki smiled warmly, receiving the same gesture from Thor. The two brothers walked towards one another and shared an embrace. It was their first in years but the two needed it. With just that action alone so many thoughts, memories and futures were shared and healed, and I felt privileged to have witnessed it. I rose from my chair and walked towards the brothers as they separated. Thor turned to me and much to my surprised swamped me in a big friendly hug. I smiled as I returned the gesture. "Thank you Zeanna" Thor spoke as we pulled away. Loki smiled at me and took my hand and the three of us followed Thor to the main deck of the ship.

Loki and I walked to the front of the ship and stood amongst Hulk, Valkyrie, Heimdall, and Korg. Thor walked between the Asgardian people and they all bowed their heads in appreciation. As Thor arrived amongst us, he nodded to Brunnhilde. "Your throne" she said as she looked to the captain's seat. Thor took a seat as Loki and I came to his side. "So, King of Asgard. Where to?" Heimdall asked. "I'm not sure" Thor replied. "Any suggestions" he asked looking to me and Loki.

"Miek where are you from?" Thor asked. "Oh, Miek's dead. Yeah, no, I accidentally stomped on him at the bridge. I've just felt so guilty, I've been carrying him around all day" Korg replied as I grimaced at the limp body he was holding. All of a sudden, the body made rapid alien noises. "Miek, you're alive!" Korg gasped "He's alive guys! What was your question again bro?" Korg asked as I giggled. Loki took my hand and squeezed it playfully.

"Earth it is" Thor deadpanned looking out of the ship's enormous window. I looked to Loki who had a mischievous grin plastered across his lips.

Later that evening Thor, Loki and I were standing in our private quarters looking into deep space. "Do you really think it's a good idea to go back to earth?" Loki questioned Thor as I looked to him sportingly. "Yes, of course, the people of Earth love me. I'm very popular" Thor smiled in reply. I shook my head with a smile. "Let me rephrase that. Do you really think it's a good idea to bring him back to Earth?" I said looking between the brothers and then back to Loki. "Probably not, to be honest" Thor answered truthfully making Loki smirk slightly. "I wouldn't worry brother. I feel like everything's gonna work out fine" Thor finished.

*Infinity war has not taken place*

That evening after a celebratory meal Loki and I found ourselves in bed rather early. Freshly bathed and snuggled under the covers. I was laying on Loki's chest as he soothed my hair. We were laying in silence enjoying one another's company. "I'm so lucky to have you Zeanna" Loki began. "After everything I've put you through, I'm blessed to know you love me".

I smiled propping myself up onto my elbows. I leaned forward and captured the trickster's lips with my own. We shared a heated passionate moment and only broke apart momentarily. "I wouldn't want it any other way" I panted before kissing him once more.

It was now very early hours of the morning and I was staring at the ceiling listening too Loki's breathing. I smiled, I had come such a long way since my abuse. I had survived torture, traveled through space, been stranded on an uncivilized planet, fought for entertainment and battled a god for survival and here I was safe, sound and wrapped in my lovers' arms.

I rolled over and snuggled into Loki's chest, he sleepily tightened his grip around me as I closed my eyes. Everything was perfect. I was finally safe with the man of my dreams and friends I knew would protect me. I smiled once more humming as I drifted off to sleep. I could finally go back to living a normal life. Well as normal as it gets when you're helplessly in love with the God of Mischief.

I can't thank the elders enough.