vengeance

It had been hours since Loki had spoken. All I could see was the constant image of Loki standing tall and proud in the centre of his cell. I knew, however, I knew what was really going on behind his tricks.
The quiet sobbing and not so quiet screams gave me that idea. "You said no more illusions" I attempted yet again as I stood in my cell straightening my dress from where I was seated. Before I could continue Thor walked towards mine and Loki's cell, he looked to me and I smiled sadly before the god turned towards his brother. "Thor, after all this time and now you come to visit me" Loki began as he walked towards his sibling leaning towards him. "Why?!" Loki sneered with an evil, twisted look on his face. I was slightly taken aback of how Loki was portraying himself.  I continued to watch intently.

"Have you come to gloat? To mock?" Loki continued with a hateful smirk before Thor interrupted him "Loki enough" he spoke calmly. "No more illusions" he finished causing Loki's eyes to widen. He sighed and closed his eyes. The illusion surrounding Loki broke down from the middle revealing the man I had come to adore sitting at the back of his cell covered in his own blood. His once neat, unaltered appearance was now messy and weary. He was encircled by broken furniture and scuffs across the walls. I gasped and rushed to the edge of my cell causing Thor to look at me with slight confusion. I couldn't hold back the look of distress and worry on my face as Loki gazed towards me before looking down and then back to his brother. "Now you see me brother" Loki began weakly with a shaky voice, hurt painted across his saddened face. Loki continued to face me as Thor walked around his cell to get closer to his brother. Loki rolled his head across the wall to face Thor. "Did she suffer?" he asked almost not wanting to hear the answer. "I did not come here to share our grief, instead I offer you the chance of a far richer sacrament" Thor began fiddling with his sleeves and looking around the cells. "Go on?" Loki encouraged still looking to his brother.

"I know you seek vengeance as much as I do". There was a pause. "You help me escape Asgard and I will grant it to you, vengeance and afterwards this cell" Thor bargained. I was still watching attentively as Loki looked towards me and then back to his brother before a large trademark smirk covered his face, mischievous laughter following closely after it. "You must be truly desperate to come to me for help" Loki jeered. Thor began to pace the outside of Loki's cell, he too looking at me briefly. "What makes you think you can trust me?" Loki asked before being cut of quickly. "I don't, Mother did. You should know that when we fought each other in the past, I did so with a glimmer of hope that my brother was still in their somewhere" There was a pause as Thor stared at Loki. "But hope no longer exists to protect you. You betray me and I will kill you" Thor finished. Loki smiled roguishly. "Where do we start?" he asked before rising to his feet. Thor nodded, glad at his brother's acceptance before releasing Loki from his cell. I watched as Loki left his cell and stood before mine. "I have one request" Loki announced stopping Thor as he was about to leave the prison. "Zeanna comes with us" Loki demanded not breaking eye contact with me. "What on earth for?" Thor questioned standing beside Loki and looking towards me.

"These cells have treated this innocent woman wrongly and without me here for her protection, I worry for her wellbeing" Loki answered. Thor stood back almost astounded by what he'd just heard from his 'uncaring' brother. Loki turned to him "She's also a sorceress" Loki finished with an eyebrow raised slightly. Thor sighed beginning to understand the complexity of mine and Loki's relationship. "Fine" he sighed nodding slightly before walking towards the dungeons stairs. Thor quickly turned on his heel just before Loki released me "It goes to you as well Lady Zeanna, any wrong doing or betrayal and I won't hesitate to kill the both of you" and with that Thor began to walk up the stone stairs.

I eagerly awaited Loki to release me from my cell. "Thank you" I breathed as I left my containment and wrapped my arms around the man I had so desperately craved over these last few months. Loki didn't hesitate in returning the gesture and we both held each other. His frame was slender yet muscly and his height toward above mine, the safety I felt as I was in his arms seemed to dismantle all of the torture I had been through and I'm sure his grief was eased slightly too. "I promise I will always keep you safe, I promise" Loki whispered into my hair as he kissed my head, tears of happiness slid down my cheeks as I nodded hastily. We pulled back from one another smiling at each other before rushing of too Thor's side hand in hand.
I had no idea what was in store and whether or not I was to be a hindrance to Thor's plans but something felt right. Maybe this is what the elders had in mind.